Customized Distribution Services, Inc.
Customized Distribution Services is one of the top 3pl companies in the country and provides advanced logistics capabilities, processes, and solutions via a national network of modern distribution centers managed to precise safety and operational standards. Every distribution center blends a sophisticated radio-frequency warehouse management system, a skilled workforce, and refined tracking and management processes to produce extremely high inventory accuracy rates and client satisfaction levels.
General Manager | Edwardsville, IL
Currently CDS is looking for a General Manager to manage our Edwardsville, IL facility. This role will be responsible for the following day to day tasks:
- Promotes the company’s vision, mission and strategy.
- Understands regional objectives and sets/accomplishes individual performance targets.
- Aligns local strategy with corporate strategy to maximize long-term profit/return on working capital.
- Defines and drives key business development to obtain new revenue streams.
- Ensures that all client commitments are met and that the best industry practices are implemented for safety, material handling, inventory, and delivery.
- Site safety, planning, implementation
- Site layout and space management.
- Monitor P&L and make necessary adjustments to maximize profitability.
- Recommend suggestions for improvement in order to drive overall productivity.
- Ensures that the warehouse is in compliance with all company, client, and OSHA requirements.
- Manages key metrics and drives out variances.
- Develops and manages relationships with new clients in the region and determines the strategy for value proposition and product penetration.
- Use Lean, Six Sigma, 5s methodology to improve processes and eliminate waste.
- Provides reports to management and clients as requested.
- Responsible for the overall management and oversight of the warehouse.
- Ensures that the staff receives the applicable training and development opportunities to enhance performance, development, and contributions to the company.
- Identifies and recommends solutions to reduce turnover.
Experience and Background
- Hold a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Supply Chain Management, Logistics or Transportation.
- Have ten (10) or more years of experience as a supervisor or manager of a warehouse.
- Strong Leadership skills with the knowledge of all facets of warehouse operations.
- RF and Warehouse Management Systems (WMS) experience required.
- Ability to manage the financials of a warehouse (monitoring expenses, financial reporting, purchasing, budget preparation).
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Six Sigma Green Belt Certification preferred
- Friendly yet challenging work environment
- CDS offers a competitive salary
- Comprehensive medical benefits package
- 401(k) program
- Tuition reimbursement.