Customized Distribution Services, Inc.
Customized Distribution Services Inc. is a national provider of third-party logistics and warehousing solutions – is pleased to announce the opening of our new state-of-the-art distribution center in South Brunswick, NJ. This facility will support a large manufacturer of quality appliances. We are currently selecting qualified candidates for a variety of positions; including the following. Warehousing experience with appliance or similar products is preferred but not required.
This is a leadership position that will help set the tone for the success of the operation. We are looking for a leader with a proven track record of building a positive, effective team.
This full-time position will hold overall responsibility for managing all distribution center operations and will report directly to the General Manager. The candidate selected for this role will serve as a key decision-maker in the execution of broad organizational and operational objectives.
- Provide leadership and direction to a team of operations supervisors as they oversee daily warehouse functions.
- Ensure that operational resources, including equipment and human talent, are properly allocated in relation to daily operational needs.
- Perform high-level labor-allocation analysis in order to ensure efficient and cost-effective labor distribution. Provide on-going monitoring for compliance to budgetary objectives.
- Effectively represent the organization to a diverse workforce and nurture a culture of safety, responsibility, and accountability amongst all subordinate staff.
- Ensure a work environment driven by mutual respect and a focus of shared goals.
- Serve as a mentor, leader, and team builder.
- Ensure team compliance to published Company policies, procedures, and standards.
- Help to create a culture of safety and service from the ground up and ensure compliance to the workplace safety standards, policies, and procedures at all times.
- Coordinate the efforts of shipping office and operations personnel to ensure that customer orders are effectively satisfied.
- Liaise between subordinate staff and senior management to ensure organizational goals and objectives are effectively communicated and met.
- Oversee all administrative processes within the distribution center to include generation of shift, labor, and operational reports.
- Ensure that all work in carried out in compliance with all company safety and operational standards.
Experience & Background
- A minimum of five to seven years of management experience in a distribution center environment.
- Experience with the handling of large appliances (or similar product) in a distribution center environment is favorable but not required.
- Extensive supply chain process expertise including inbound receiving, storage, retrieval (full pallets, case pick, layer pick), shipping, transportation, etc.
- Hold a Bachelors’ Degree from an accredited college or university with a concentration in business management supply chain management, or logistics.
- Excellent organizational and management skills to include the ability to effectively prioritize tasks and assign responsibilities accordingly.
- Excellent inter-personal and leadership skills.
- Strong computer and technology skills to include a proficiency in MS Office applications.
- Knowledge of RF-enabled warehouse technologies.
- Extensive knowledge of material handling challenges and opportunities.
- Friendly yet challenging work environment
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive medical benefits package
- 401(k) program
- Tuition reimbursement.