Customized Distribution Services, Inc.
Customized Distribution Services is one of the top 3pl companies in the country and provides advanced logistics capabilities, processes, and solutions via a national network of modern distribution centers managed to precise safety and operational standards. Every distribution center blends a sophisticated radio-frequency warehouse management system, a skilled workforce, and refined tracking and management processes to produce extremely high inventory accuracy rates and client satisfaction levels.
Customized Distribution Services is currently recruiting for an Operations Manager. This is a leadership position that will help set the tone for the success of the operation. We are looking for a leader with a proven track record of building a positive, effective team. This full-time position will hold overall responsibility for managing all distribution center operations and will report directly to the General Manager. The candidate selected for this role will serve as a key decision-maker in the execution of broad organizational and operational objectives.
- Provide leadership and direction to a team of operations supervisors as they oversee daily warehouse functions.
- Ensure that operational resources, including equipment and human talent, are properly allocated in relation to daily operational needs.
- Perform high-level labor-allocation analysis in order to ensure efficient and cost-effective labor distribution. Provide on-going monitoring for compliance to budgetary objectives.
- Effectively represent the organization to a diverse workforce and nurture a culture of safety, responsibility, and accountability amongst all subordinate staff.
- Ensure a work environment driven by mutual respect and a focus of shared goals.
- Serve as a mentor, leader, and team builder.
- Ensure team compliance to published Company policies, procedures, and standards.
- Help to create a culture of safety and service from the ground up and ensure compliance to the workplace safety standards, policies, and procedures at all times.
- Coordinate the efforts of shipping office and operations personnel to ensure that customer orders are effectively satisfied.
- Liaise between subordinate staff and senior management to ensure organizational goals and objectives are effectively communicated and met.
- Oversee all administrative processes within the distribution center to include generation of shift, labor, and operational reports.
- Ensure that all work in carried out in compliance with all company safety and operational standards.
Experience & Background
- A minimum of five to seven years of management experience in a distribution center environment.
- Extensive supply chain process expertise including inbound receiving, storage, retrieval (full pallets, case pick, layer pick), shipping, transportation, etc.
- Hold a Bachelors’ Degree from an accredited college or university with a concentration in business management supply chain management, or logistics.
- Excellent organizational and management skills to include the ability to effectively prioritize tasks and assign responsibilities accordingly.
- A background in safety knowledge, including OSHA requirements and emergency training is preferred.
- Strong ability to manage profit & loss.
- Excellent inter-personal and leadership skills.
- Strong computer and technology skills to include a proficiency in MS Office applications.
- Knowledge of RF-enabled warehouse technologies.
- Extensive knowledge of material handling challenges and opportunities.
- Friendly yet challenging work environment
- CDS offers a competitive salary
- Comprehensive medical benefits package
- 401(k) program
- Tuition reimbursement.