It's time for Plan C. Today's business environment is complex and the competition for qualified talent is fierce. The best candidates could be across town or across the country. As Employment Consultants, we have the know-how to help you think in new ways about how to identify, recruit and retain top talent. Recruiting is what we do. We know the business, and we take the time to learn your business.
Founded in 2011, our leadership is no stranger to the recruiting industry, having spent close to 20 years in the technical, financial and healthcare recruiting sectors, Cyon grew out of a desire to do more for our clients and candidates and the belief that there is a better way to treat people. This expereince has taught us the importance of building strong, long-term relationships. Drawing on our years of experience, we help our clients, both locally and nationally, to recruit and hire the talent needed to successfully run their businesses. Offering a consultative approach and a variety of services, we will always remain focused on the needs of our clients, not the transaction.
Cyon is patrnering with a well established technology company to fill a fantastic software role, seeking a talented .Net Developer to join the team. If you want to design innovative technology, work for a market leader and be part of a strong team, then this is the place for you!
About the Position
- Maintains and enhances the VB6, VB.NET, C# and C++ codebase(s) for company’s products.
- Responsible for integrating bug fixes, enhancements, and new features for updates and releases.
- Ensures backward-compatibility, ease of use and a high degree of fault-tolerance.
- Responsible for promoting code changes from base version to future releases.
- Manages versioning and updates, maintaining clear, concise and complete in-code comments and written documentation of changes as they occur.
- Provides escalation support for Client Services calls promoted to Technical Support regarding products and projects for which s/he is responsible.
- Identifies, clarifies and gathers information concerning customer issues.
- Resolves known issues with customer, and analyzes and attempts to duplicate new issues under Development conditions.
- May be called upon to propose resolution for new issues.
- Maintains clear, complete and concise Maximizer notes of all customer contacts and actions.
- Works closely with other members of the Development team to constantly improve the value, stability and ease of use of company’s products.
- Works with other staff to test, review and document enhancements and fixes in all products and services, as needed.
- BA/BS in Computer Science or computer-related field
- 3+ years of development experience
- Experience in developing commercial end-user Windows software, using current tools and paradigms (i.e. Object Oriented Programming).
- High proficiency in Visual Basic 6, Visual Basic .NET, C#, and C++ development languages. Database management skills preferred. Windows API knowledge desirable.
- Aptitude and ability to learn new software with minimal programmed training required. (i.e., ability to ask questions).
- Excellent verbal communication skills. Must be able to convey complex technical concepts and procedures clearly and concisely to non-technical end-users.
- Ability to interact effectively and diplomatically with customers, co-workers and the public.
- Time management skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities successfully.
- Ability to operate standard office desktop software, and specialized applications. Familiarity with mainframe/midrange operations, networking or other related fields desirable.
- Ability to understand, interpret and follow complex oral and written instructions and documents.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Competitve compensation package
- Full health package to included vision, dental & health insurance and 401k
- Vacation time
Must be authorized to work in the US. No sponsorship available.