Front Desk Clerk
Delaware North is one of the largest and most admired, privately-held hospitality companies in the world. Founded and owned by the Jacobs family for over 100 years, it is a global leader in hospitality and food service with operations in the sports, travel hospitality, restaurants and catering, parks, resorts, gaming and specialty retail industries. Its portfolio includes high-profile venues ranging from sports stadiums, entertainment complexes, national parks, restaurants, airports, and some of the top regional casinos in the country. The company also owns a selection of award-winning destination resorts, as well as a series of premium restaurants and catering services that are leaders in the industry.
FRONT DESK CLERK | WEST YELLOWSTONE, MT
We are looking for a Front Desk Clerk who will check guests in and out efficiently and assist with any problems or questions during their stay. Act as the information center of the hotel.
- Exemplifies the 10 Universal Service Standards and provides excellent guest service as detailed in the GuestPath Service Standards.
- Aware of and promotes GreenPath and all associated initiatives.
- Have complete knowledge of all appropriate computer systems.
- Understand IHG Priority Club Rewards and follow all relevant procedures (Holiday Inn only).
- Check guests in and out of the hotel efficiently
- Be familiar with room types and their locations in order to make reservations and handle
- walk-in reservations
- Quote room rates and room package information by memory
- Post charges for in-house accounts
- Understand Guest folio, explanation of billing and how to make any needed corrections
- Receive cash and/or credit card payments and make correct change
- Be familiar with all hotel policies
- Have working knowledge of town of West Yellowstone, Yellowstone National Park, and surrounding areas and be able to provide directions
- Familiar with all hours of operation for hotel outlets and their functions
- Use proper etiquette both on the phone and in person
- Maintain a constant presence at the front desk, greeting everyone
- Read group resumes and know daily activities of groups
- May occasionally pull luggage and assist guests with luggage handling
- Complete shift closing, drop cash and check payments
- Secure bank at all times and follow proper cash handling policies
EXPERIENCE & BACKGROUND
- Previous experience in cash handling required
- Previous experience with operating point-of-sale systems required
- Previous experience in customer service environment preferred
- Excellent guest service skills; ability to adhere to Company’s GuestPath Universal Service Standards
- Good communication skills; ability to communicate with guests and co-workers
- Attention to detail
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously in fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Basic math skills; ability to accurately handle money and count change
- Read maps and give correct directions
- Capable of following job guidelines and supervisors' instructions