Headquartered in Herndon, Virginia, with over 2,400 employees worldwide, Deltek is the leading global provider of enterprise software and information solutions for government contractors, professional services firms and other project-based businesses.
For decades, we have delivered actionable insight that empowers our customers to unlock their business potential. 22,000 organizations and millions of users in over 80 countries around the world rely on Deltek to research and identify opportunities, win new business, recruit and develop talent, optimize resources, streamline operations and deliver more profitable projects. Deltek – Know more. Do more.
SALES DEVELOPMENT REPRESENTATIVE | HERNDON, VA
Deltek is seeking a Sales Development Representative to who will focus on cultivating and qualifying leads as an important member of our Global Sales team. You will be part of the winning team that generates revenue through pipeline development, fosters relationships and analyzes customer needs to uncover business challenges.
You will complete a thorough onboarding program to learn about Deltek's product portfolio, our customers, their business challenges, as well as the Deltek sales process. This program sets you up for success as an SDR and on track for strong performance and promotion. You will also have ongoing product and sales training as Deltek continues to invest in your success.
- Work in a close-knit team environment to develop and execute a lead generation plan that meets or exceeds quota targets.
- Cultivate your sales pipeline by acting on field marketing leads and conducting outbound calls.
- Research and prospect to make outbound cold calls to prospective customers.
- Understand and articulate the breath of Deltek’s product portfolio to our customers.
- Appropriately qualify all leads and establish an action plan.
- Participate in entry level sales program training sessions, meetings, skills building and professional development classes.
- Capture accurate and complete information in Customer Relationship Management system (CRM).
- Collaborate with sales management to determine strategic approaches for sales.
- Maintain and expand the database of prospects for our organization.
BACKGROUND & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Driven, eager to learn, and desire to pursue a career in IT Sales.
- 1-2 years business experience, preference given to prior experience in a sales environment.
- Prior lead generation experience or cold-calling experience preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Effective problem-solving, time, and project management skills.
- Strong competency in MS Office to include Excel.
- Experience with Salesforce.com or similar CRM applications is a plus.