DeveloperTown is a design + development firm with a better way for intrapreneurs + entrepreneurs to launch innovative web + mobile products into the marketplace. And we invest. Sometimes.
Over the years, we have worked with hundreds of clients across a wide range of technologies, business verticals, and markets. The DeveloperTown focus is on designing and developing cloud-based software-as-a-service and mobile solutions, and, our client mix is about 50/50 mix between startups and established companies looking to launch a new product quickly.
A Senior Developer at DeveloperTown is a hands-on technical leader, both inside and outside of the organization. A Senior Developer has breadth of knowledge and expertise across multiple technologies, and has proven experience putting those technologies to use in a wide array of scenarios. A Senior Developer is involved in the technical community at-large, both contributing to and exploring options as we continue to evolve the DeveloperTown technology stack. The person in this role should be able to design complete solutions, working within the constraints that are common to DeveloperTown projects. The Senior Developer is considered a master craftsman, and is expected to work with Junior Developers and Developers to help them achieve mastery.
- Hands-on delivery of solutions according to the DeveloperTown vision of software delivery, including:
- Development of meaningful unit tests
- Direct implementation of quality code that meets DeveloperTown standards
- Review and correct software in both the context of peer review, and metrics review
- Following established practices surrounding project status reporting
- Deliver software to both pre-production and production environments in a repeatable, safe and scalable fashion
- Communicate effectively with customers concerning design options and their implications, status, etc.
- Design complete, sustainable software solutions that align with our customers’ goals
- Lead the technical implementations of internal and external software products
- Perform peer reviews and periodic architectural audits
- Mentor other developers as they continue to develop their craft
- Proactively contribute to the evolution of the DeveloperTown technology stack
- Assist in recruiting and vetting of new developers
- 8+ years experience in all phases of software delivery
- Ruby on Rails experience preferred
- Proven, hands-on software development experience in multiple software languages and environments
- Real-world experience in Agile development
- Experience teaching and mentoring junior developers
- Ability to learn new technologies, languages, etc., evaluate their applicability to DeveloperTown's environment and introduce them to the team
- Competitive pay structure based on experience with bonus
- Retirement Plan w/matching contribution by DT
- Health insurance (3 plans based on your needs), Dental and Vision coverage
- Unlimited time off, short term disability leave paid at 100%
- Fitness and wellness classes (4 per month)
- Casual and enthusiastic atmosphere, including bring your dog to work and ping pong
- Drinks and snacks provided throughout work day