DPC Veterinary Hospital
DPC is a full-service veterinary clinic in Davie, Florida. Since our establishment in 2001 we have placed the care, diagnosis and treatment of your pet as our primary concern. We offer a comprehensive and compassionate approach when treating our patients. Our pledge is to provide the highest quality of veterinary care at an affordable price.
VETERINARY TECHNICIAN | DAVIE, FL
The Veterinary Assistant/Technician assists the doctors to the fullest possible extent, to help improve the quality of care given to the patients, and to aid the doctors in achieving greater efficiency by relieving them of technical work at DPC Veterinary Hospital.
- Receive, handle and treat patients with skill, compassion and care including: monitoring during anesthesia, administering fluids, assisting in diagnosing, surgery and general and specialized nursing care.
- Accurately perform laboratory tests.
- Accurately dispense and administer medications.
- Input data into computer software system.
- Ability to observe animal appearance and activity for general physical condition, obvious signs of illness, disease and discontent.
- Regular attendance and timeliness are an essential function in order to fulfill the requirements of this position.
- Strong communication and client service skills. Considerable tact and diplomacy is required. Ability to work with clients and patients in a professional, friendly, hospitable manner.
- Work well with all team members and ensure that your actions support the hospital, the doctors, and the practice philosophy.
- Perform general physical activities that require bending, standing, stooping, moving from room to room, sit, talk, and listen; may require to walk or stand for long periods of time; will use hands to manipulate, handle, or feel; will reach with hands and arms.
- Frequently lift, carry and handle dogs weighing 50 lbs.
- Occasionally handle dogs weighing up to and over 150 lbs. Assistance will be provided by animal handlers when working with larger animals.
BACKGROUND & EXPERIENCE
- Knowledge of the procedures used for receiving, treating, and scheduling patients, for ordering medical supplies, and requesting laboratory tests.
- Knowledge of the use, care, and storage of veterinary instruments, materials, and equipment.
- Knowledge of sterilization techniques to sterilize various instruments and materials.
- Knowledge of the instruments, materials, and standardized procedures used in the full variety of treatments to make preparations and provide “table-side” assistance.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing client and personal services. This includes client needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of client satisfaction.
- Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Ability to work independently on assigned tasks as well as to accept direction on given assignments.
- Critical thinking- Understanding logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.