DST Systems, Inc. is a leading provider of strategic advisory, transformative technologies, and operations outsourcing to the financial and healthcare industries. Relying on deep industry knowledge, critical infrastructure, and service excellence, DST helps companies master the escalating complexity of customer, business and regulatory requirements.
Enterprise Services is the provider of information technology services to the DST enterprise. Our business is to connect our clients to their customers by automating business processes, providing information for decision making, and providing productivity tools to increase efficiency. This includes the information technology infrastructure and architecture functions, as well as, the global information privacy and security.
Data Architect | Kansas City, MO
Data Architects lead significant data initiatives aimed at transforming and maturing data services in support of larger IT Transformation data initiatives and oversee complex data architectures across multiple business domains. The responsiblities of the Data Architect include, and are not limited to:
- Thoroughly understand the company's business, industry, products, and product data architectures.
- Viewed as data subject-matter experts and provide recommendations to project team members and less experienced data analysts on data architecture directions.
- Act in a leadership capacity by leading the transformation/maturity of data services and components of Master Data Management and Data Governance initiatives.
- Act as a project leader for internal group projects.
- Build and sustain trusted partnerships across the Enterprise.
- Perform and facilitate data warehouse architecture and analysis and perform/lead dimensional data warehouse design and modeling.
- Analyze business requirements and gather data requirements to build complex conceptual, logical, and physical data models.
- Use group facilitation and other advanced interviewing techniques to gather data requirements and perform complex impact analysis.
- Restructure data for conversions to a database management system.
- Perform reverse engineering to analyze data of existing applications.
- Research, recommend, and promote data modeling standards (e.g., modeling conventions, naming standards, domain definition, etc.).
- Analyze and design meta data.
- Ensure reuse of existing data.
- Troubleshoot and resolve table and/or component interfacing issues.
- 8+ years data modeling and other data oriented work experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of database management systems, data management tools, and structured analysis techniques, principles, and methodologies
- Applicable industry-related experience
- Preferred post-secondary education in a computer-related field of study
- Demonstrated proactive leadership in the maturity of data services across an Enterprise
- Demonstrated establishment of trusted partnerships across the Enterprise
- Emphasis in leading significant data initiatives in various data dimensions (e.g. Master Data, Meta Data, Big Data & Analytics, etc.)
- Demonstrated experience in designing and implementing data warehouses, data marts, etc .using star schemas, dimensional modeling etc..