DST Systems, Inc. is a leading provider of strategic advisory, transformative technologies, and operations outsourcing to the financial and healthcare industries. Relying on deep industry knowledge, critical infrastructure, and service excellence, DST helps companies master the escalating complexity of customer, business and regulatory requirements.
Enterprise Services is the provider of information technology services to the DST enterprise. Our business is to connect our clients to their customers by automating business processes, providing information for decision making, and providing productivity tools to increase efficiency. This includes the information technology infrastructure and architecture functions, as well as, the global information privacy and security.
Director, Risk & Compliance|Kansas City,MO
The Director, Risk & Compliance is responsible for overseeing risk-taking activities across the DST Financial Services enterprise. This position manages the implementation of all aspects of the risk function, including processes, tools and systems to identify, assess, measure, manage, monitor and report risks. This position also has direct responsibility for the oversight and development of the risk management department, privacy, and compliance within DST Financial Services. This position will report directly to the EVP, Head of DST Financial Services.
- Assist in the development of and manage processes to identify and evaluate business areas' risks and risk and control self-assessments
- Manage the process for developing risk policies and procedures, risk limits and approval authorities
- Monitor major and emerging critical risk issues
- Assess risk/return trade-offs associated with transactions, products, analytical tools and client relationships
- Manage the process for elevating control risks to more senior levels when appropriate
- Monitor and evaluate processes for collection and assessment of internal and external complaints
- Provide risk management considerations associated with development of strategic plans
- Manage the corporate risk and control assessment reporting process as well as manage and maintain infrastructure elements (e.g., risk management reporting, including reporting to senior management)
- Make recommendations on complex risk issues or products, deal structures, policy creation, etc.
- Formalize corporate governance program for management committee charters, authorities, and policies
- Implement the security and privacy program’s risk and control framework
- Ensure the Financial Services risk management program is effectively integrated into product development and delivery methodologies.
- Serve as a point of escalation for key issues or time sensitive decisions
- Maintain strong relationships with regulators
- Other duties, responsibilities and qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary
Experience and Background
- BS/BA degree in Business, Accounting or Finance or equivalent work experience
- 10+ years experience in banking/financial services industry, knowledgeable in regulations as well as enterprise risk management and/or audit assurance related expertise
- Excellent communication skills, including ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing through presentations and individual discussions with directors, managers, and/or employees
- Ability to manage multiple priorities with strong organizational, management, and decision-making skills
- Independent judgment with strong analytical and risk assessment skills
- Proven track record of establishing, implementing, and using risk models
- Future oriented, anticipates outcomes, decisive and results oriented