DST Systems, Inc. is a leading provider of strategic advisory, transformative technologies, and operations outsourcing to the financial and healthcare industries. Relying on deep industry knowledge, critical infrastructure, and service excellence, DST helps companies master the escalating complexity of customer, business and regulatory requirements.
Enterprise Services is the provider of information technology services to the DST enterprise. Our business is to connect our clients to their customers by automating business processes, providing information for decision making, and providing productivity tools to increase efficiency. This includes the information technology infrastructure and architecture functions, as well as, the global information privacy and security.
Director, Strategy IT Business Planning
Kansas City ,MO
The Director, Strategy IT Business Planning is responsible for providing executive oversite and hands-on analysis and negotiation related to several business planning functions; Financial Planning, Organization Alignment, Aggregate departmental inputs related to announcements, organizational analysis, etc., Resource Governance, Re-engineering Governance, COLO/External Hosting, Technology Business Management, and the IT portion of the firms Mergers & Acquisitions function.
- Facilitate financial planning through weekly authorizations, participate in the Enterprise Services monthly close process sessions with finance, in-addition facilitate Enterprise Services budgets and LRP processes by interfacing with Enterprise Services executives and their leadership teams.
- Work with Enterprise Services executives and their leadership teams to assess organizational change required.
- Assist the Senior Vice President in creating, communicating, implementing and sustaining strategic initiatives.
- Work with the resource governance team and provide executive leadership in support of the Enterprise Services Governance committee.
- Provide oversight for the ongoing efforts related to reducing operating expenses within Enterprise Services.
- Oversee the COLO/External Hosting and provide analysis, contract negotiation, and customer relationships management for our COLO and external hosting relationships with Netsmart, Humana and Putnam.
- Manage the regular financial reporting related to distribution of Enterprise Service’s costs across the appropriate DST Business Unit.
- Lead and support the IT portion of DST’s M&A function. This includes due diligence, potential buyer/seller communication, contracts, and transition to execution.
- Managing various budgets along with providing resource planning.
Experience and Background
- Bachelor’s degree and or related experience in financial or business planning within IT.
- Program management experience within multiple companies or multiple divisions in a large company.
- Experience in financial or business acumen.
- Strong project management skills and the ability to work cross functionally while leading multiple projects.
- Understanding of managing budgets, long range planning, forecasting, process improvement and reconciliation.
- Demonstrated understanding of resource governance and re-engineering governance.
- Familiarity with M&A activity and the process involved along with divestitures.
- Demonstrated capacity to maintain focus while handling numerous projects and priorities.
- Detail-oriented with a high commitment to execution.
- Knowledge of contract and vendor negotiation.
- Experience developing presentations for senior leader/executive audience.
- Ability to partner with and influence senior leaders.
- Ability to think strategically and drive changes for clarity and efficiency.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to prepare clear communication and confidently present meaningful analysis to senior and executive management level.
- Demonstrated experience analyzing risk/business data with the ability to distill large amounts of information down to critical areas of focus