DST Systems, Inc. is a leading provider of strategic advisory, transformative technologies, and operations outsourcing to the financial and healthcare industries. Relying on deep industry knowledge, critical infrastructure, and service excellence, DST helps companies master the escalating complexity of customer, business and regulatory requirements.
Argus Health Systems, Inc. is a leading independent provider of health care information management services. We support commercial, Medicaid, and Medicare Part D with a business model that provides full disclosure and transparency. Argus serves a wide range of clients and key health care organizations. Argus provides quality healthcare information management services to our customers. We deliver value-added products and services for transaction processing, data analysis, and decision support. We do this professionally, ethically, and with concern for our shareholders, associates, and community. Direct customer communications tend to be limited to request status or straight forward questions. Pharmacy Benefit Analysts understand how the claims processing, deductible, and authorization systems work; understand claim processing flows; and understand the impact of day-to-day requests.
Pharmacy Business MAC Analyst
The essential functions of Pharmacy Business MAC Analysts include performing complex data analysis, assisting in the development of algorithms for pharmacy provider and client pricing models, and organizing and presenting analytical findings to management.
- Perform complex analysis of large pharmacy provider and customer data sets, including determining generic product pricing (i.e., maximum allowable cost, or MAC pricing)
- Identify, analyze, interpret, and validate trends and patterns to create opportunities or solutions for pharmacy provider pricing models
- Assist in the development of customer or generic drug algorithms for pricing and reporting projects including sales activities, RFP analysis, or customer reports
- Organize and present analytical findings, both verbally and in writing, to management and internal groups
- Collaboratively develop analytic models to evaluate financial impact of business strategies to manage pharmaceutical spend and trend
- Interpret and analyze pharmaceutical claims and cost trends to identify management opportunities and measure the impact of strategy implementation
- Lead projects to completion by contributing to database creation, statistical modeling and financial reports
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- 3 years' experience performing complex data analytical work in a related field
- Proficiency in data analytics and / or financial modeling
- Advanced level of experience working with MS Excel including formulas, calculations, charts, graphs, etc.
- MAC appeals, MAC analysis, MAC Pricing
- Pharmacy Benefit Management or Healthcare experience
- Advanced degree in Math, Statistics, Finance, Information Technology, or other quantitative discipline
- 4 to 5 years' experience performing complex data analytical work
- 4 to 5 years’ Expert level in SQL and Microsoft products experience
- Minor degree in Math, Statistics, Finance, or other quantitative discipline