DST Systems, Inc. is a leading provider of strategic advisory, transformative technologies, and operations outsourcing to the financial and healthcare industries. Relying on deep industry knowledge, critical infrastructure, and service excellence, DST helps companies master the escalating complexity of customer, business and regulatory requirements.
Argus Health Systems responds to the dramatic changes in the pharmacy marketplace through cost effective, customizable, and transparent solutions with evidence based medicine. Through the convergence of our core pharmacy competencies with our healthcare management expertise and strong strategic alliances, we help manage government programs, consumer risk trends, and provide a best-in-class solution in specialty drugs, rebates, and network.
Software Engineers develop detailed technical specifications from which programs can be written to support and enhance existing software, 3rd party products, and/or new software applications. Software Engineers consistently demonstrate a high-level of coding proficiency and can be assigned coding tasks of a complex nature. They also accurately estimate the effort required to code the specifications for which they have written. Software Engineers may also provide input into moderately complex technical designs and proposed customer solutions. They may also begin to assume a leadership role for smaller-scoped projects or larger project components. Software Engineers will gain some exposure into software engineering by researching and analyzing the root of the problem to determine and recommend appropriate technical solutions. They demonstrate a solid business understanding for the purpose of the application or assigned task.
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable code
- Develop technical models/designs
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications
- Write functional design specifications or enhancement documentation from which detailed technical specifications and programs can be written
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems
- Help maintain code quality, modularity and organization
- Analyze and document technical requirements for reliability, availability, performance, scalability, audit, and security
- Execute various forms of testing; unit, system, regression, integration, performance, volume, etc.
- Initiate and lead specification and code reviews
- Perform complex analysis and recommend solutions for disruptions in production systems
- Provide guidance to and assist in training less experienced associates in coding techniques and principles
- 2.5 years of programming experience demonstrating a comprehensive application of programming principles, methodologies, tools, and techniques
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Post-secondary education in a computer-related discipline (e.g., Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems, Mathematics, Engineering, etc.)
- 4-5 years programming experience demonstrating a comprehensive application of programming principles, methodologies, tools, and techniques
- Strong understanding of object-oriented programming
- Design, develop, implement and test software components on distributed system written in Java
- Proficient in J2EE with a good knowledge of its ecosystems
- Java Persistence API (Eclipse Link)
- Java Server Faces
- Proficient in Web services (Soap and Restful)
- Ability to work independently and with teams
- Analyze and solve performance and security related issues in the applications
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with good problem solving and troubleshooting abilities