Eagle Home Mortgage
Eagle Home Mortgage, now celebrating 31 years of exceeding customer expectations, is a full-service mortgage banker with 80+ offices in 25 states and growing. Our vision is to enrich lives through a dedicated commitment to homeownership. This guiding principle, along with the strength and stability of our parent company, Lennar Corporation (NYSE:LEN; Fortune 500), fuels our success. We offer industry-leading support for our loan officers including access to a wide variety of loan programs, user-friendly and integrated technology platforms as well as in-house marketing support.
The purpose of the Mortgage Loan Originator (MLO) position is to generate business by providing professional financial services to customers specific to the purchasing, reversing, or refinancing of a residential real estate property. Due to the nature of this sales position, MLOs work rather independently, continually obtaining and developing relationships with borrowers, realtors, builders, developers, personal contacts, and other valuable referral sources. MLOs are responsible for upholding the organizational commitment to its borrowers, maintaining a high standard in customer service and professional ethics. MLOs report to the Branch Manager.
Tasks & Duties
- Approve loans within specified limits, and refer loan applications outside those limits to management
- Meet with applicants to obtain information for loan applications and to answer questions about the process.
- Analyze applicants' financial status, credit, and property evaluations to determine feasibility of granting loans.
- Explain to customers the different types of loans and credit options that are available, as well as the terms of those services.
- Obtain and compile copies of loan applicants' credit histories, corporate financial statements, and other financial information.
- Review and update credit and loan files.
- Review loan agreements to ensure that they are complete and accurate according to policy.
- Compute payment schedules.
- Stay abreast of new types of loans and other financial services and products in order to better meet customers' needs.
- Submit applications to credit analysts for verification and recommendation.
- Handle customer complaints and take appropriate action to resolve them.
Required Skills & Experience
- Experience in a loan origination
- Satisfaction of state licensing requirements and other regulatory standards must be met
- Completion of the Anti-Money Laundering, Fair Lending, and Equity Origination trainings are required
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Self-starting, self-reliant, highly motivated and dependable
- Efficient in time-management and ability to organize and prioritize tasks
- Technological savvy and comfort in learning new computer systems and programs
- Ability to analyze financial data and comprehend market fluctuations
- Working knowledge of lending guidelines and a thorough understanding of the process and procedures
Benefits of our Branch
- Work with a dedicated licensing team, and a loan support team.
- Access to a Mortgage coach, and it’s suite of products
- Concierge team dedicated to providing the best on boarding experience
- Genuine, friendly, hardworking group of individuals that truly enjoy making a difference in people’s lives.
- Focused on Servicing the client, and becoming the premiere mortgage service company
- Work in a professional, relaxed environment that promotes team unity and goals.
- A collaborative work environment with contributions from the whole team
- Manger who is easy going, hardworking and accessible that encourages entrepreneurial mindset and lead by example
- Have fun, make money and make a difference!