Elder Automotive Group
Automotive Service Technician
Elder Automotive Group is a family run dealership with locations in Florida and Michigan. Our Tampa location includes Elder Ford of Tampa, Jaguar Aston Marton of Tampa, and Fisker and Spyker of Tampa. We are a rapidly growing, family-owned dealership with a friendly and stable environment and the opportunity to grow from within.
Our Founder, Mrs. Irma Elder and her 2 sons, Rob and Tony, took over a Ford dealership in Michigan after the death of her husband in 1983 and built it into one of the largest woman-owned businesses in the country. The Mexico-born Elder continued to acquire dealerships during the automotive downturn and today it has grown into 9 dealerships selling the Ford, Lincoln, Jaguar, Land Rover, and Aston Martin brands in Michigan and Florida. Mrs. Elder passed away in 2014, and her legacy continues through her son Rob and his family.
AUTOMOTIVE SERVICE TECHNICIAN | TAMPA, FL
Elder Ford of Tampa is seeking a diesel technician for our state of the art fleet truck center. We have a vast growing fleet business with trucks that demand a lot of attention in regards to repairs which is why we have opened a separate fleet facility apart from our already busy service department. We are and have been an extremely fast growing dealership and we are looking to add to our growing family.
- Test-drive vehicles, and test components and systems, using diagnostic tools and special service equipment.
- Perform quality inspections of vehicle repairs prior to returning the vehicle to the customer
- Diagnose, maintain, and repair vehicle automotive systems including engine, transmission, electrical, steering, suspension, braking, air conditioning, etc
- Communicate directly with the service advisor so that customers can be informed if any additional service is needed. Providing an estimate of time needed for additional repairs.
- Confer with customers or service advisors to obtain descriptions of vehicle problems, and to discuss work to be performed and future repair requirements.
- Execute repairs under warranty to manufacturer specifications.
BACKGROUND & EXPERIENCE
- Some automotive experience required
- Master Ford certification highly preferred
- Team oriented, flexible and focused on maintaining a high level of customer service
- Must have working knowledge of shop equipment such as wheel and tire equipment, alignment system, diagnostic equipment, AC equipment, etc.)
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Competitive compensation
- Full benefits package: medical, dental, vision
- 401K company match
- 2 weeks PTO after 1 year
- Opportunity to advance from within