Embassy Suites by Hilton Denton Convention Center
Front Office Manager
O'Reilly Hospitality Management, LLC (OHM) is a proven hospitality firm specializing in the design, development, and staffing of hotels, restaurants, and commercial properties for some of the country's leading national and independent brands. Founded on the principles of sustainability, community involvement, philanthropic outreach, and a commitment to elevating the modern guest experience, OHM is an innovative presence in the hospitality space.
FRONT OFFICE MANAGER | DENTON, TX
Welcome to Embassy Suites by Hilton Denton Convention Center. Our contemporary, all-suite hotel offers an excellent location in the heart of the newly developed Rayzor Ranch. Discover shops, dining, nightlife and live music, all within walking distance, or take our complimentary shuttle service to explore surrounding local attractions. We are also just minutes from Downtown Denton, known for its vibrant music scene and year-round music festivals.
- Supervises Front Desk staff: hiring, firing, performance evaluations, training, and development.
- Maintains standards of guest service quality.
- Achieves budgeted revenues and expenses and maximizes profitability related to the guest services department.
- Contributes to the profitability and guest satisfaction perception of other hotel departments.
- Develops short term and long term financial and operational plans for the guest service department which relate to the overall objective of the hotel.
- Participates in the preparation of the annual hotel budget.
- Increases the level of guest satisfaction by delivery of an improved product through employee development, job engineering, and quality image.
- Manages the reservation function to maintain highest possible room occupancy and average daily rate through suggestive selling by employees.
- Maintains procedures for credit control and handling of financial transactions.
- Maintains procedures for security of monies, guest security, and emergency procedures.
- Receives departmental related guest complaints and ensures corrective action is taken.
- Schedules staff according to labor standards and forecasted occupancy.
- Ensures staff uses correct guest interaction skills.
- Rewards employees who utilize their empowerment to meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Manages in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations.
- Reports to work for all scheduled shifts, on time and in uniform in accordance with company policy.
- Knows and complies with all company policies and procedures pertaining to this position and its duties.
- Takes the initiative to greet guests in a friendly and warm manner.
- Performs other related duties as required.
BACKGROUND & EXPERIENCE
- At least three years of front office management experience in a hotel
- Must be bilingual in English and Spanish
- Hold a Bachelor's degree in a related field
- Ability to read and interpret business and statistical records
- Ability to interpret financial information and prepare budgets
- Understand the government regulations covering business operations
- Have customer service skills when interacting with the general public, customers, employees, union officials, and government officials
- Ability to communicate clearly when speaking and writing
- Competitive salary and bonus package
- Medical, dental and vision plans for you and your family
- 401(k) options and contributions
- Short Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Critical Illness
- Accident insurance
- Paid Time Off