Embassy Suites by Hilton Denton Convention Center
Houlihan's Kitchen Manager
O'Reilly Hospitality Management, LLC (OHM) is a proven hospitality firm specializing in the design, development, and staffing of hotels, restaurants, and commercial properties for some of the country's leading national and independent brands. Founded on the principles of sustainability, community involvement, philanthropic outreach, and a commitment to elevating the modern guest experience, OHM is an innovative presence in the hospitality space.
HOULIHAN'S KITCHEN MANAGER | DENTON, TX
O'Reilly Hospitality Management, LLC (OHM) is looking for a passionate team member to help fuel our growth at our new Houlihan’s location in Denton, TX! You will lead, support, and develop all BOH employees. Additionally, you will supervise all food prep, ordering, and line execution standards and protocols set forth by management.
- Supervises food preparation, staff: terminations, disciplinary actions, performance evaluations and development.
- Schedules all employees under his/her supervision, maintaining adequate staffing levels while adhering to labor standards guidelines.
- Supervises all cooking operations, including methods, portioning and garnishing.
- Plans meals and develops menus when needed.
- Assists the Management team with all shift management functions in both the front and back of the house.
- Ensures 100% recipe adherence and plating specifications
- Maintains health and sanitation standards and keep a clean and safe working environment.
- Must be able to “prep” food products, using standardized food preparation techniques.
- Must be able to visibly recognize “condition” of food and cooking temperature.
- Assists the General Manager in developing the annual operating budget and monitoring it.
- Assists in maximizing revenues and profits.
- Rewards associates who use their empowerment to meet or exceed guest expectations.
- Reports to work for scheduled shift, on time and in uniform in accordance with company policy.
- Knows and complies with all company policies and procedures pertaining to this position and its duties.
- Performs other related duties as required
BACKGROUND & EXPERIENCE
- At least two years of kitchen supervisory experience with three years of kitchen operations experience
- Experience in a high-volume, full-service restaurant/bar environment
- Think logically to make decisions.
- Interpret information in mathematical, written and diagram forms, such as statistical reports, profit and loss statements, financial statements and credit regulations.
- Continually make decisions based on experience and personal feelings as well as on facts and figures.
- Ability to manage time and priorities effectively to achieve timely results
- Ability to identify root causes for effective problem solving
- Deal with all kinds of people ranging from civic leaders to employees and from legislators to the general public.
- Speak and write clearly and with authority.
- Role model behaviors to effectively motivate, lead, and develop the BOH team
- Apply previous experience and expertise to achieve superior results.
- Competitive salary and bonus package
- Medical, dental and vision plans for you and your family
- 401(k) options and contributions
- Short Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Critical Illness
- Accident insurance
- Paid Time Off