At Embassy Suites Hotels, we anticipate travelers’ needs and deliver what matters most. All of our guests are welcomed with a two-room suite, free made-to-order breakfast each morning, and complimentary drinks* and snacks for two hours every night. We’re delighted to welcome you in over 200 unique locations, so stay with us and come experience all Embassy Suites has to offer.
Imagined in 1983 with its first property opening a year later, Embassy Suites Hotels was a pioneer in the all-suite concept, and today leads the industry as the all-suites market share leader with more than 200 locations in the United States, Latin American and the Caribbean, and over 25 more in the pipeline.
Because Embassy Suites Hotels does not stop at just providing more space to its guests, the brand has been recognized repeatedly for excellence. In 2011, J.D. Power and Associates rated Embassy Suites Hotels “Highest Guest Satisfaction Among Upper Upscale Hotel Chains” for a record-breaking eighth time.
HR DIRECTOR | DENTON, TX
Maintains and enhances the organization's human resources by planning, implementing, and evaluating employee relations and human resources policies, programs, and practices.
- Maintains the work structure by updating job requirements and job descriptions for all positions.
- Maintains organization staff by establishing a recruiting, testing, and interviewing program; counseling managers on candidate selection; conducting and analyzing exit interviews; recommending changes.
- Prepares employees for assignments by establishing and conducting orientation and training programs.
- Maintains a pay plan by conducting periodic pay surveys; scheduling and conducting job evaluations; preparing pay budgets; monitoring and scheduling individual pay actions; recommending, planning, and implementing pay structure revisions.
- Ensures planning, monitoring, and appraisal of employee work results by training managers to coach and discipline employees; scheduling management conferences with employees; hearing and resolving employee grievances; counseling employees and supervisors.
- Maintains employee benefits programs and informs employees of benefits by studying and assessing benefit needs and trends; recommending benefit programs to management; directing the processing of benefit claims; obtaining and evaluating benefit contract bids; awarding benefit contracts; designing and conducting educational programs on benefit programs.
- Ensures legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource federal and state requirements; conducting investigations; maintaining records; representing the organization at hearings.
- Maintains management guidelines by preparing, updating, and recommending human resource policies and procedures.
- Maintains historical human resource records by designing a filing and retrieval system; keeping past and current records.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Completes human resource operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Maintains human resource staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Maintains human resource staff job results by counseling and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Handle staff complaints and grievances
- Responds to all unemployment cases for all OHM Hotels
- Submits Work Comp, Property and Guest liability incidents to company insurance carrier for all OHM properties
- Responsible for payment incurred by large companies / organizations
- Plans rallies for recognition of Team Members throughout the year. Sets up raffles to raise money for community give backs. Plays a major part in the companies CARE committee.
- Schedules, plans and is involved with the yearly community activities calendar and coordination with General Manager and organizations chosen
- Sends out monthly anniversary with service pins and birthday cards to Team Members
- Sets up new Companies for Direct Bill privileges
- Prime contact with hotel's Adopt-A- School / Teaching Kids to CARE programs
- Team Members Monthly Newsletter
- Updates Team Member break room monthly for upcoming events, etc
- Assist in Management Training for all properties incoming Managers
- Responsible for Petty cash banks and check books, end of month reports
BACKGROUND & EXPERIENCE
- Bi-Lingual in English and Spanish
- 3-5 years of proven generalist HR experience including the ability to work at both operational and strategic level preferred
- PHR, SPHR or Masters in HR
- Influencing, persuading, coaching and negotiating skills
- Ability to represent the Human Resource function as part of the bigger business picture
- Confident directing HR and advising managers on all aspects of people management and development
- Fully conversant and up-to- date with all aspects of employment law and HR best practices
- Previous experience in industrial relations management
- Capacity to anticipate future needs and identify opportunities to learn new things for current and future needs in the department
- Facility to think laterally to identify and develop creative solutions
- Used to taking action to improve standards of excellence
- Ability to manage the stress effectively
- Hilton Experience or Full Service Hotel HR a plus