We've spent the last 39 years mastering the art of helping business owners create the business and the life they've always wanted.
The E-Myth Revisited, written by our founder Michael Gerber, is one of the best-selling and most widely-regarded business books of all time and has inspired millions of business owners to work On their business, not just In it.
You’re our kind of person if you know that business isn’t just business—it’s personal, if you really care about people, if you love creating with others where the results are greater than the sum of the parts, and if you’re never satisfied with quick fixes—you have an insatiable need to uncover the root cause of things that don’t work the way you want them to.
As VP of Marketing, you’ll be a member of our Leadership Team and heavily influence the direction of the company. You’ll be the steward of our brand, our voice, and the seamlessly orchestrated experience we strive to create for our clients and prospects. You’ll be expected to bring the highest degrees of clarity and precision, heart and grace, and a love of beauty and world-class design to every aspect of the business. And, you’ll love growing and mentoring a team of highly creative people, helping them bring out the best of themselves and do the most meaningful work of their lives.
This is an opportunity to create significant growth and scale for a company that has an established reputation and launched an industry almost four decades ago. It’s also an opportunity for you to grow personally and professionally, to find more of yourself, to push your limits, and to have a hand in creating something truly spectacular.
Emyth if offering a generous relocation package for candidates who are excited to join our team!
What you’ll be responsible for
- Becoming a partner in our highly collaborative Leadership Team, in close connection with the Board of Directors, to set strategic vision and priorities for the company.
- Developing and building on existing marketing strategies that feel authentic to our brand while expanding our reach and connection with our target audience.
- Helping us further define our target market and personas—who they are and what they need.
- Weekly and monthly internal reports, analysis, and metrics; as well as quarterly Executive-level reporting to the Board of Directors.
- Oversight of Marketing Department and Advertising budget lines.
- Ensuring the consistency of our brand in all verbal, written and visual communication.
- Clarifying our brand story, our voice, and our look and feel, communicating those standards to the team, and supporting them to execute on that vision.
- Building, managing, and mentoring a team of specialists who can execute to our high standards in alignment with our brand and vision.
- Partnering with the Sales Department and our independent network of coaches to refine our marketing and sales funnels, deliver quality leads, and create a consistent experience for prospects as they move from lead to customer.
- Driving the creation of campaigns that inspire prospects, educate them on our point of view and the power of coaching, and convincing them to act.
- Helping us improve the experience and structure of our coaching product so that our customer experience is consistent and makes sense to our target audience.
- Bachelors degree, and preferred Masters in Marketing, Communication, Business or other related field, or equivalent experience.
- You have 5-10 years experience managing a Marketing, Advertising, or Design team.
- You have a track record of using a digital approach to take a national or global company (or a division of a company) through a significant growth phase.
- You thoroughly depend on metrics and analytics, but would never sacrifice a strong intuition for quantification.
- You’re an expert in content marketing and growing web traffic organically through SEO, referrals, and other tactics.
- You hold a unique hybrid of experience managing both creative teams and strategic development.
- You appreciate systems and structure (and love the idea of developing systems in your own department).
- You think iteratively: developing hypotheses assessing your accuracy, and working to sharpen that skill.
- You’re a leader and aspire to be an even better one.You know that involves taking some risks, making something out of nothing, and rallying your people around a compelling idea.
- You have exceptional written and oral communication skills. You can carry a room, and captivate a reader.
- Competitive Pay Based on Experience.
- Insurance coverage to include: Health, Dental, Life, Disability, and an FSA.
- Flexible Vacation / PTO Policy.
- 8 Weeks paid parental leave.
- Mentoring and Professional Development Opportunities.
- Relocation Assistance.