European Wax Center (EWC) was founded by siblings David and Josh Coba in 2004. The concept was simple: to bring the EWC unique waxing expertise and experience to women throughout the U.S. With over 650 centers nationwide, in an environment that is modern with crisp, clean lines, we help women reveal beautiful skin in private waxing suites with the most professionally trained waxing experts and exceptional service.
Now, luxurious waxing with 27 proprietary products in three collections--Signature Skincare, Bath and Body and Eyebrows--can be incorporated into everyone's beauty regimen. As a result, today, European Wax Center is recognized as the fastest growing company in the beauty lifestyle services category, along with being known as the Expert in Eyebrows™.
WAX SPECIALIST | WALTHAM, MA
This position is located at both Newton and Waltham locations.
The role of a Wax Specialist is to represent European Wax Center in a professional and consistent manner while upholding the company's core values. A Wax Specialist's primary goal is to educate guests on the benefits and frequency of waxing while performing waxing services.
As a licensed skin care specialist, they're also responsible for educating guests on proper skin care in conjunction with our exclusive product portfolio, Strut 365™. A Wax Specialist is able to work with like-minded individuals who share in their excitement and passion for Revealing Beautiful Skin.
- Providing the highest quality wax service while maintaining a cheerful and positive attitude; including educating all guests on European Wax Center's 4 Step to Gorgeous Process™.
- Responsible for educating all guests on European Wax Center's product portfolio, Strut 365™ and demonstrating products on guests.
- Responsible for educating all guests on benefits and savings of Wax Passes and consistency with waxing.
- Responsible for educating guests on current in-center promotions. Establish and maintain professional relationships with guests.
- Responsible for maintaining a thoroughly clean wax suite at all times. Retain guests through pre-booking.
- Responsible for maintaining and exceeding center and individual goals.
- Responsible for adhering to the assigned schedule by management and availability provided during application process.
- Responsible for finding coverage and ensuring no guests are currently booked when requesting days off from assigned schedule.
- Responsible for arriving to work on time wearing the appropriate dress code and nametag.
- Participation in community events and street team marketing when requested.
- Participate in all Weekly Strut Sessions (If Strut Session is on a day an associate is not scheduled, the associate will attend a minimum of 1 Strut Session per month).
- Responsible for creating a memorable guest experience by utilizing EWC terminology, and tailoring the scripts and standard responses while working in the location.
- Responsible for following all corporate policies and procedures.
BACKGROUND & EXPERIENCE:
- Must hold a current Esthetician or Cosmetology License.
- Willing to learn and perform new waxing techniques. We have great training programs!
- Comfortable performing all body and facial waxing services offered at EWC.
- Ability to work flexible days and hours.
- Ability to work weekends.
- A positive, friendly, upbeat, team oriented and personable demeanor.
- Ability to receive and implement feedback.
- Ability to work in a fun, fast-paced environment.
- A professional appearance at all times.
- Full understanding of the EWC values, vision and strategy.
- Hourly wage + commission + bonus programs ---- Our strong Wax Specialists make $25 – 35 per hour!
- Monthly support to pay back school loans ranging from $50 to $125 per month for first year, depending on hours worked
- Health Care Benefits offered to full time (25+ hours) associates
- Many other benefits offered such as Paid Vacation, Retirement and Anniversary Awards
- Discounts on all retail products & services
- Great employee referral program
- Extensive training program
- Employment growth opportunities