Our mission is to protect people and our clients’ bottom line. We will succeed by focusing on profitably meeting our clients’ needs as we deliver the ultimate in service and expertise to every project we touch. We create extreme value for each client by combining the practical application of environmental health and safety expertise with a client experience that is second to none.
In alignment with the company mission and values, the role of the Evista Project Manager is to deliver the highest level of service and expertise to every project he or she touches. The Evista PM personally conducts all building surveys, sampling, and investigations with a proactive, practical, and professional approach to ensure that our clients’ needs are front of mind in every instance. Clear, concise, and consistent communication with client personnel and internally, is a top priority.
The Evista PM is unique. They play an integral role in client relationship management. Each Evista PM is responsible for positively engaging with client personnel on a regular basis within project scenarios as well as during client visits and special events. The objective of the client relations efforts of the Evista PM is to help reinforce and accelerate client relationships. Good client relationships will positively affect project quality and will in turn, increase the frequency of project referrals from each client.
- Oversee the introductory phase of the project and completes the procurement of any remaining relevant project details
- Perform site investigations in accordance with all Technical Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)
- Upload project deliverables (inspection logs, etc), and ensures that samples are delivered to the lab and/or courier to meet the established turn-around time.
- Develop business and personal rapport/relationships with clients, while ultimately making a long-term connection that positively affects client retention and growth.
- Update CRM database daily with current account notes and client contact information gathered during visits, meeting, calls, and events.
- Proactively call on the Chief Client Officer and/or Executive Director for support on efforts to effectively navigate accounts.
Education & Experience
- California DOSH Certified Site Surveillance Technician (active)
- Verifiable microbial (mold/bacteria) investigation experience a must
- Four-year degree preferred, some college combined with verifiable experience accepted
- Literacy in Microsoft OS, MS Office (Word, Outlook, Acrobat), typing 40+ WPM
- Competitive pay structure based on experience
- Eligible for monthly performance bonus
- Health and Life Insurance coverage
- Dental and Vision Insurance offered.
- 7 Paid holidays off and 2 weeks of paid vacation
- Quarterly sponsored team events
- Casual and enthusiastic atmosphere
- Opportunity for vertical growth within organization