Our mission is to be America’s preferred choice for home financing options by being the industry leader in responsible lending.
Finance of America Mortgage is a national, full service mortgage banker, offering a diverse portfolio of home loan products. We have a dedication to be consistently expanding our product offerings and develop new services for our customers and partners. Our knowledgeable and seasoned mortgage specialists are committed to delivering an innovative, high-touch, high-tech lending experience for consumers, brokers, and our industry partners across the country.
At Finance of America Mortgage we do everything we can to put more knowledge, initiative, and power back into the borrower’s hands – where it belongs.
The purpose of the Mortgage Loan Originator (MLO) position is to generate business by providing professional financial services to customers specific to the purchasing, reversing, or refinancing of a residential real estate property. Due to the nature of this sales position, MLOs work rather independently, continually obtaining and developing relationships with borrowers, realtors, builders, developers, personal contacts, and other valuable referral sources. MLOs are responsible for upholding the organizational commitment to its borrowers, maintaining a high standard in customer service and professional ethics. MLOs report to the Branch Manager.
Tasks & Duties
- Approve loans within specified limits, and refer loan applications outside those limits to management
- Meet with applicants to obtain information for loan applications and to answer questions about the process.
- Analyze applicants' financial status, credit, and property evaluations to determine feasibility of granting loans.
- Explain to customers the different types of loans and credit options that are available, as well as the terms of those services.
- Obtain and compile copies of loan applicants' credit histories, corporate financial statements, and other financial information.
- Review and update credit and loan files.
- Review loan agreements to ensure that they are complete and accurate according to policy.
- Compute payment schedules.
- Stay abreast of new types of loans and other financial services and products in order to better meet customers' needs.
- Submit applications to credit analysts for verification and recommendation.
- Handle customer complaints and take appropriate action to resolve them.
Required Skills & Experience
- Experience in a loan origination
- Satisfaction of state licensing requirements and other regulatory standards must be met
- Completion of the Anti-Money Laundering, Fair Lending, and Equity Origination trainings are required
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Self-starting, self-reliant, highly motivated and dependable
- Efficient in time-management and ability to organize and prioritize tasks
- Technological savvy and comfort in learning new computer systems and programs
- Ability to analyze financial data and comprehend market fluctuations
- Working knowledge of lending guidelines and a thorough understanding of the process and procedures