First Article, Inc.
For nearly 20 years First Article, Inc. has been a full service contract manufacturer specializing in the production of high quality, complex machined component parts and assemblies throughout the medical, aerospace and military industries.
First Article Inc. is a recognized leader in the prototype and production of orthopedic instruments and implants.
CNC Machinist | Souderton, PA
First Article, Inc. is actively seeking an experienced CNC Machinist to join our dynamic team! Are you a difference maker? We are looking for motivated team oriented candidates who bring a positive work ethic and attitude to the job each day. Candidates who are willing to share their knowledge and willing to learn new methods and concepts to improve quality and efficiency are the recognized key to our success.
- Setup and operate CNC machines to perform any operation within their capacities, with or without fixtures
- Prepare machines for operation, setup work, preset tools, load programs, change feeds and speeds or tools as necessary
- Devise methods of clamping, blocking, holding work using standard or non-standard tooling
- Observe machining operations and check work for conformance to specified dimensions and finish; observe machine operations for indications of malfunction or abnormal tool wear and report as directed; attend machines during operations as specified to ensure maximum machine utilization and efficiency
- Perform all work in accordance with detail prints, specifications, other specified documents or oral instruction and in conformance with the company’s standards of safety, workmanship and good housekeeping practices
Background and Experience
- 3+ years of experience setting up and running Fanuc Controlled Vertical CNC Mills
- Experience with 5-axis milling
- Experience proving out 1st part and complying with in-process inspection checks
- Experience working in the medical device industry
- Ability to efficiently operate multiple machines when needed
- Must be a self-starter willing to work through obstacles associated with new job runs
- Understands the need for quick accurate setups to reduce turn around time associated with small batch runs
- Must have own tools
- Competitive Salary
- Time and a half paid for all hours worked over 40 hours
- Additional overtime available
- Two 15 minute paid breaks
- 30 Minute Lunch break
- Health Benefits provided
- Fun, challenging environment
- Great opportunity to learn and grow skillset