First Home Mortgage Corporation
First Home Mortgage Corporation was founded in 1990 by Dave Waters, CEO. We grew from a handful of employees to a financial institution of 42 offices serving 21 states located in the mid-Atlantic, South and Northeast states. Our entrepreneurial management team, support staff, and industry leading producers have built a strong foundation of relationships in our local communities. We have a culture unlike any other mortgage company which gives us the ability to bring superior service to our customers and a gratifying workplace for our employees.
Loan Officer | Baltimore, MD
We are looking for an experienced Loan Officer to join our team. This person will generate business by providing professional financial services including purchasing or refinancing residential real estate. Our LO will work independently to create and develop relationships with borrowers, realtors, builders, developers, personal contacts, and other valuable referral sources. You will be responsible for upholding the organizational commitment to its borrowers, maintaining a high standard in customer service and professional ethics and will report directly to the Branch Manager.
- Approve loans within specified limits, and refer loan applications outside those limits to management
- Analyze applicants' financial status, credit, and property evaluations to determine feasibility of granting loans.
- Obtain and compile copies of loan applicants' credit histories, corporate financial statements, and other financial information.
- Review loan agreements to ensure that they are complete and accurate according to policy.
- Stay abreast of new types of loans and other financial services and products in order to better meet customers' needs.
- Submit applications to credit analysts for verification and recommendation.
Experience and Background
- 2 years of experience in a loan origination
- Satisfaction of state licensing requirements and other regulatory standards must be met
- Completion of the Anti-Money Laundering, Fair Lending, and Equity Origination trainings are required
- Technological savvy and comfort in learning new computer systems and programs
- Ability to analyze financial data and comprehend market fluctuations
- Working knowledge of lending guidelines and a thorough understanding of the process and procedures