First Home Mortgage Corporation was founded in 1990 by Dave Waters, CEO. We grew from a handful of employees to a financial institution of 42 offices serving 21 states located in the mid-Atlantic, South and Northeast states. Our entrepreneurial management team, support staff, and industry leading producers have built a strong foundation of relationships in our local communities. We have a culture unlike any other mortgage company which gives us the ability to bring superior service to our customers and a gratifying workplace for our employees.
Our senior leadership team, including our Board of Directors, is comprised of mortgage banking professionals all of whom have built successful careers for themselves and others. Our Company is one that relies and thrives on innovative ideas from our employees. The empowerment our workforce has to make contributions has greatly impacted efficiencies, timeliness, and high quality loan delivery. All of this and more creates the best possible customer experience - our ultimate goal.
The purpose of the Mortgage Loan Originator (MLO) position is to generate business by providing professional financial services to customers specific to the purchasing, reversing, or refinancing of a residential real estate property. Due to the nature of this sales position, MLOs work rather independently, continually obtaining and developing relationships with borrowers, realtors, builders, developers, personal contacts, and other valuable referral sources. MLOs are responsible for upholding the organizational commitment to its borrowers, maintaining a high standard in customer service and professional ethics. MLOs report to the Branch Manager.
Tasks & Duties
- Approve loans within specified limits, and refer loan applications outside those limits to management
- Meet with applicants to obtain information for loan applications and to answer questions about the process.
- Analyze applicants' financial status, credit, and property evaluations to determine feasibility of granting loans.
- Explain to customers the different types of loans and credit options that are available, as well as the terms of those services.
- Obtain and compile copies of loan applicants' credit histories, corporate financial statements, and other financial information.
- Review and update credit and loan files.
- Review loan agreements to ensure that they are complete and accurate according to policy.
- Compute payment schedules.
- Stay abreast of new types of loans and other financial services and products in order to better meet customers' needs.
- Submit applications to credit analysts for verification and recommendation.
- Handle customer complaints and take appropriate action to resolve them.
Required Skills & Experience
- Experience in a loan origination
- Satisfaction of state licensing requirements and other regulatory standards must be met
- Completion of the Anti-Money Laundering, Fair Lending, and Equity Origination trainings are required
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Self-starting, self-reliant, highly motivated and dependable
- Efficient in time-management and ability to organize and prioritize tasks
- Technological savvy and comfort in learning new computer systems and programs
- Ability to analyze financial data and comprehend market fluctuations
- Working knowledge of lending guidelines and a thorough understanding of the process and procedures