First National Bank has a history of doing what's right for our customers and the communities we serve. Founded in 1857, in the spirit of innovation and commitment to customer service, this sixth generation family-owned business has become the largest privately-owned bank holding company in the United States.
With locations in Nebraska, Colorado, Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, South Dakota and Texas, $20 billion in assets and 5,000 employee associates, we haven't lost sight of the foundation on which our success was built. Integrity, Respect, Passion - these are the cornerstones of our Operating Philosophy and represent our commitment to you. At First National Bank, we strive to better serve you and your banking needs - and we are as hopeful and excited about the future of our bank as our founders were.
We've come a long way in the last century and a half. As you browse through our site, we think you'll understand why we've been so successful – and why we're so excited about what the future holds for our customers and our organization.
We are looking for a special Mortgage Loan Originator to join our team. This person will generate business by providing professional financial services including purchasing or refinancing residential real estate. Our MLO will work independently to create and develop relationships with borrowers, realtors, builders, developers, personal contacts, and other valuable referral sources. You will be responsible for upholding the organizational commitment to its borrowers, maintaining a high standard in customer service and professional ethics and will report directly to the Mortgage Sales Manager.
Tasks & Duties
- Approve loans within specified limits, and refer loan applications outside those limits to management
- Analyze applicants' financial status, credit, and property evaluations to determine feasibility of granting loans.
- Obtain and compile copies of loan applicants' credit histories, corporate financial statements, and other financial information.
- Review loan agreements to ensure that they are complete and accurate according to policy.
- Stay abreast of new types of loans and other financial services and products in order to better meet customers' needs.
- Submit applications to credit analysts for verification and recommendation.
Required Skills & Experience
- 3+ years of experience in mortgage loan origination
- Licensed Loan Originator, who is currently originating
- Documented proof of $7,000,000 or greater closings in 2017
- Minimum of 1 external referral relationship in place
- Pursuing career in retail branch environment / business professional attire and accountability to perform as a team with branch members
- This position requires S.A.F.E. Act registration with the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS). Qualification requirements include meeting applicable financial responsibility, character, credit fitness and criminal background standards. Successful candidates must meet ongoing regulatory requirements including acceptable background investigation and credit report results.
- Completion of the Anti-Money Laundering, Fair Lending, and Equity Origination trainings are required
- Ability to analyze financial data and comprehend market fluctuations
- Working knowledge of lending guidelines and a thorough understanding of the process and procedures
Preferred Skills & Experience
- 2 years minimum at one institution
- Currently originating in a retail bank branch environment
- Currently working in the Johnson County, KS community
- Competitive Base Pay + Incentive
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance for You and Your Family
- 10 Paid Holidays and 3 Weeks of Paid Time Off
- 401k Match and Annual Company Contribution
- Wellness and Health Programs
- Casual and enthusiastic atmosphere
- Opportunity for vertical growth within organization