FirstKey Homes, in partnership with local operating partners across the country has assembled a fully remodeled and renovated portfolio of single-family homes for the valued home renters in our markets. As a leader in the single-family rental industry, it is our goal to acquire, renovate and manage single-family houses across the country that thousands of Americans can call home. We pride ourselves on consistently providing a high-quality home with excellent customer service and best in class maintenance. FirstKey Homes, our employees and our local partners, are members of each community in which we operate. It matters to us that, after each home we renovate and lease, we take a step towards stabilizing a community.
Maintenance Technician | Chicago, IL
The Field Associate is responsible for physically repairing and turning homes within a given submarket. Working with small teams and independently, this individual will respond to all assigned maintenance and turnover requests and ensure that they are resolved in a timely manner while maintaining a high level of customer service and protecting company assets. This position will require driving to properties within the applicable market in order to address maintenance issues as well as use of personal hand tools. Large tools and equipment are provided by the company.
- Respond to customers in a courteous manner and take responsibility for resolving customer concerns
- Conduct all business in accordance with company policies and procedures and all state and federal regulations such as lead based paint, ADA, Fair Housing, HAZCOM Programs, and OSHA
- Maintain knowledge of all pertinent laws and EPA and OSHA regulations.
- Complete service requests in a professional and timely manner
- Proactively monitor the condition of assigned properties and takes immediate steps to correct any unsafe condition.
- This brief summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also be assigned by the incumbent’s manager at any time based upon Company need
Experience and Background
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Strong interpersonal skills with an emphasis on customer service and communication both written and verbal.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, valid insurance, own tools, and reliable, work appropriate, transportation.
- Must be able to work evenings and weekend hours and be available for on call status.
- Knowledge of codes, municipal by-laws, inspection, estimating, and planning.
- Strong background in residential construction and remodeling in multiple trades.
- General knowledge on reading, writing, and evaluating project specifications and scopes of work.
- Ability to schedule and follow-up on multiple tasks through completion.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to adapt well in a fast-paced environment