Serving Boulder and Denver, Fisher Auto operates much differently than most dealerships. Fisher Auto offers up-front pricing on all vehicles without any haggling. All cars also come with a Best Price Guarantee to make sure you get the best price in the area. Please call for guarantee details. Besides helping local drivers find their next vehicles and take care of their current cars at our service center, the dealership is also dedicated to giving back to the community. Fisher Auto regularly donates time and resources to many local charities and groups.
BODY TECHNICIAN | BOULDER, CO
Repairs damaged body parts and bodies of vehicles in accordance with factory and dealership specifications and time standards.
- Removes upholstery, accessories, electrical and hydraulic window and seat operating equipment, and trims to gain access to vehicle body and fenders.
- Positions dolly block against surface of dented area and beats opposite surface to remove dents, using hammer.
- Fills depressions with body filler, using putty knife or spreader.
- Removes damaged fenders, panels, and grilles, using wrenches and cutting torch.
- Bolts or welds replacement parts in position, using wrenches or welding equipment.
- Straightens bent automobile frames, using a pneumatic frame straightening machine.
- Files, grinds, and sands repaired surfaces, using power tools and hand tools.
- Aims headlights.
- Inspects painted units for runs, sags, and unpainted areas.
- Hand-sprays parts to cover unpainted areas or applies rust preventative.
- Repairs or replaces defective mechanical parts.
- Repairs vehicles per estimate and according to manufacturer standards.
- Checks parts against estimate and ensures proper parts are ordered and received.
- Notifies management of any additional repairs needed.
EXPERIENCE & BACKGROUND:
- High school diploma or general education degree.
- Or one to three months related experience or training.
- Or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
- Ability to apply common-sense understanding to carry out detailed but noncomplex written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standard situations.