Fortune Magazine voted "Top 5 Largest Commercial Bank"
Located in West Los Angeles, we are a Fortune Magazine voted "Top 5 Largest Commercial Bank" that has also won several prestigious awards from Fortune Magazine, including Most Admired Superregional Bank in the world. Today, we are proudly serving over 17 million customers with offerings from regional consumer and business banking, to wealth management services, national wholesale and trust services and global payments services, while employing just under 70,000 employees.
The purpose of the Mortgage Loan Originator (MLO) position is to generate business by providing professional financial services to customers specific to the purchasing or refinancing of a residential real estate property. Due to the nature of this sales position, MLOs work rather independently, continually obtaining and developing relationships with borrowers, realtors, builders, developers, personal contacts, bank branch partners, and other valuable referral sources. MLOs are responsible for upholding the organizational commitment to its borrowers, maintaining a high standard in customer service and professional ethics. MLOs report to the Branch Manager.
Tasks & Duties
- Meet with applicants to obtain information for loan applications and to answer questions about the process.
- Analyze applicants' financial status, credit, and property evaluations to determine feasibility of granting loans.
- Explain to customers the different types of loans and credit options that are available, as well as the terms of those services.
- Obtain and compile copies of loan applicants' credit histories, corporate financial statements, and other financial information.
- Review and update credit and loan files.
- Review loan agreements to ensure that they are complete and accurate according to policy.
- Compute payment schedules.
- Stay abreast of new types of loans and other financial services and products in order to better meet customers' needs.
- Submit applications to credit analysts for verification and recommendation.
- Handle customer complaints and take appropriate action to resolve them.
Required Skills & Experience
- 5+ years of experience in Loan Origination
- Satisfaction of state licensing requirements and other regulatory standards must be met
- Completion of the Anti-Money Laundering, Fair Lending, and Equity Origination trainings are required
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Self-starting, self-reliant, highly motivated and dependable
- Efficient in time-management and ability to organize and prioritize tasks
- Technological savvy and comfort in learning new computer systems and programs
- Ability to analyze financial data and comprehend market fluctuations
- Working knowledge of lending guidelines and a thorough understanding of the process and procedures
- Ability to build relationships with Wealth Management partners fantastic benefits package (eligible 1st day of the month after your initial start date)
- Ground floor opportunity with minimal competition from internal loan officers.8 0-10-10 programs on purchase transactions Jumbo and Super Jumbo specialist with interest only options.
- Local processing underwriting closing.
- Take your business to another level leverage the banks brand product mix and service to meet and exceed your your goals.