Incorporated in 1997, FRANJO Construction is a family company that has grown into a multi-million dollar commercial contractor. Joseph Leonello Sr. began in the construction industry in 1956 and brought his knowledge from Italy to Pittsburgh. He taught his sons Frank and Joe Jr. the importance of personal commitment to quality construction with dependability and integrity. With more than 40 years of experience, Frank and Joe Jr. include their employees as part of their extended family, and as company owners, their involvement is visible in every project.
FRANJO Construction is a full service contractor that has the ability to not only mange construction projects but also to use in-house forces to provide full interior construction, renovations or adaptive reuse. FRANJO has the ability to self-perform and offer construction delivery services from general contracting, to construction management, to design build. The company has a consistent record of meeting tight construction deadlines with minimal or no disruption for clients.
FRANJO Construction, based in Homestead, was named Steel Valley Chamber of Commerce Business of the year in 2009. The company is on the forefront of green technology and has experience in leading projects that meet the standards for Silver Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design ( LEED ) certificates from the U.S. Green Building Council for energy efficiency, sustainability and use of green design principals.
CONSTRUCTION SUPERINTENDENT | HOMESTEAD, PA
The primary focus of a FRANJO Construction Superintendent is to provide the managerial and leadership skills necessary to manage the day-to- day matters of a self-performed workforce. The Superintendent is responsible for coordinating and executing all self-performed work, assisting with and managing all subcontractors, complete understanding of all contract documents, safety requirements and schedule. Also, this position provides the knowledge, skills, and experience required to ensure that the project milestone dates, overall schedule completion dates are met, and to ensure a safe and successful project delivered on time and within budget. This position will work out of the Pittsburgh, PA location and work hours are 7 AM- 3 PM. Superintendents are expected to be the first to arrive and the last to leave the job site.
- Prepares, plans, and supervises day-to- day total construction activities in accordance with project specifications, documents and schedule. This includes interfacing with the design team members, ownership, the project team, company employees, local authorities and utility providers.
- Responsible for completion of daily production reports for all self-performed work and manages activities to ensure that self-performed work is being performed within best practices.
- Monitors progress or deficiencies associated with subcontractors, self-performed work, cost over-runs or issues affecting project costs and impacts to project schedule. This includes interfacing with company warehouse staff, mechanics and all other departments
- Ensures all field employees comply with company safety policies and PPE requirements per the company Safety Manual and enforces all onsite safety best practices. Will be proactive in addressing safety related issues.
- Makes sure all accidents and injuries are documented and are reported immediately to the Director of Field Operations, Safety Director, and Human Resources.
- Prepares, plans and supervises all project related issues including, but not limited to, manpower scheduling, technical assistance to company employee’s and subcontractors, project document
- interpretation, construction means, methods and equipment. Attempt to mitigate issues affecting schedule and costs to minimize impact to bottom line and project schedule.
- Responsible for Construction logs to be turned in on time and on a daily basis on company provided format and is responsible to perform daily inspections/ preventative maintenance on all company owned equipment and rentals. Ensures all off hour shifts are supervised.
- Manages changes in project scope and ensures these changes have been communicated appropriately
- Prepares, strategizes, and supervises all construction related activities planned in conjunction with the project team. Direct interfacing and an open, professional dialogue with the Project Manager to ensure a smooth flow of project information from start to finish with emphasis on costs, man hours and scheduling of self-performed activities. Primary focus to be centered upon having the work performed as efficiently and safely as possible using all available resources.
- Maintains, supervises, and submits all daily log of job site activities in a timely manner; i.e. timesheets, project photos, material deliveries, emails, etc.
- Prepares, plans, and supervises in conjunction with the project team the development of RFI’s, critical
- construction issues and the disbursement of related drawing updates, sketches, CCDs and Change Orders.
- Oversees and supervises of both company owned and rental equipment maintenance schedules to ensure safe, proper operating of all site equipment.
- Prepares, plans, and supervises daily material deliveries to ensure all company employees and subcontractors are working as efficiently as possible
- Works to create short-interval look-ahead project schedules to make sure that upcoming events are communicated, tracked, and are being proactively executed.
- Participates in Final Walk Through with client and manages the punch list to assure timely completion
- Collects/ submits Certificate of Occupancy and final inspection cards to Project Management to record.
BACKGROUND & EXPERIENCE
- Client Relations/ Results Driven.
- Strong Project/ Time Management.
- Strong Communication/ Leadership/ Problem Solving Skills.
- Strong leadership, organizational, and time management skills.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working as a Superintendent in construction industry. Working knowledge of civil, architectural, mechanical and electrical work, preferred.
- Ability to perform the following tasks: general demolition, rough carpentry, finish carpentry, doors & hardware/glass, drywall, finishes, specialties, and general (assist in unloading of items and minor site cleanup)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suites, Email, and other software used in the construction industry
- Strong problem solving skills that involve a predisposition to work within established systems and the agility to work outside of the system when necessary to get timely results
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office, required. Experience with bidding and operational software; Timberline, and Microsoft Projects, preferred.