Glen Raven, Inc.’s organization is divided into three operating subsidiaries – Glen Raven Custom Fabrics, Glen Raven Technical Fabrics and Tri Vantage.
Glen Raven Custom Fabrics, makers of Sunbrella® fabrics, focuses primarily on awning, marine, furniture, RV and convertible car top markets. Custom Fabrics also includes the French subsidiary, Dickson-Constant, which is a market leader in Europe and around the world in awning, marine, casual, residential and specialty fabrics.
Glen Raven Technical Fabrics focuses on a broad array of performance fabric applications, including automotive headliners, protective work apparel (GlenGuard® FR), fabrics for the military, outdoor fabrics, sailcloth, flags and banners
CONCEPT DESIGNER | GLEN RAVEN, NC
The Concept Designer (CD) supports the Concept Gallery (CG) deliverables using industrial design skills to visualize and develop ideas and concepts. General duties include understanding and developing a design brief, translating concept into a visual form, as well as, working with Concept Gallery team to develop and implement corporate wide innovation programming. The deliverables should employ a user centered design approach; design thinking. Visualization includes CAD rendering, hand sketches or prototype. Projects will span from designing a finished product (typically involving fabric) to designing an infographic for an improved practice.
- Independently creates original design concepts using Glen Raven materials to promote ideation and technology transfer in the form of sketches, CAD renderings or low resolution prototypes
- Develops concepts and ideas through rendering, CAD, and/or prototyping of design concepts from submitted material; business unit support/development and employee submitted concepts
- Works with CG team utilizing industrial design skills to develop, produce and launch corporate wide innovation plans for idea generation/sharing
- Supports updates of all CG digital content
- Supports coordination and development of idea pipeline that originates from Concept Gallery initiatives and Glen Raven employee submissions
- Identifies partners/vendors (internal and external) to develop concepts, establish relationships and communicate innovation vision and goals
- Develops and communicates creative brief of concept/idea to related stakeholders
- Works with CG team to design, develop, produce and install exhibits for all gallery locations and PopUp
- Stays informed on innovation/design trends
- Supports and communicates all Concept Gallery initiatives- to include leading workshops, discovery sessions, etc. as needed
BACKGROUND & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Design required.
- Advanced CAD design/rendering skills, prototyping skills
- Advanced Adobe Suite Skills: InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat
- Wide range of industrial design work, sourcing, materials knowledge
- Understanding of design thinking
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization, with customers and vendors
- Knowledge of Concept Gallery standards, values, vision
- Knowledgeable of current style/design/tech trends
- Proficient sewing and/or shop skills preferred
- International travel and/or work experience a plus
- Detail Oriented, deliver WOW!
- Ability to multitask successfully, flexibility
- Creative, Resourceful, Motivated and tenacious
- Skilled in the use of the Mac operating system and software