Glen Raven, Inc.’s organization is divided into three operating subsidiaries – Glen Raven Custom Fabrics, Glen Raven Technical Fabrics and Tri Vantage.
Glen Raven Custom Fabrics, makers of Sunbrella® fabrics, focuses primarily on awning, marine, furniture, RV and convertible car top markets. Custom Fabrics also includes the French subsidiary, Dickson-Constant, which is a market leader in Europe and around the world in awning, marine, casual, residential and specialty fabrics.
Glen Raven Technical Fabrics focuses on a broad array of performance fabric applications, including automotive headliners, protective work apparel (GlenGuard® FR), fabrics for the military, outdoor fabrics, sailcloth, flags and banners.
The Process Engineer will add value to the organization by systematically monitoring, reducing, and stabilizing internal quality costs and maintaining a control system to ensure performance problems do not re-occur once they are eliminated. Position also accountable for statistical process control elements of operation. This will be accomplished through the partnership of manufacturing management, wage employees, development and corporate staff.
- Use internal systems to gather, chart, present, and explain quality and delivery trends. Use SPC and Six Sigma methods as necessary. Work with Customer Service, Manufacturing Personnel and customers as needed to organize and present data as requested. Work with customers on useful and efficient "grading system."
- Analyze manufacturing data to determine cost savings. Establish procedures to restrain and reduce internal costs.
- Change internal processes to coordinate with confirmed strategies. Work with applicable personnel to communicate process changes. Assist in training employees to new procedures.
- Actively participate in quality meetings.
- Guide quality processes. Work with manufacturing, suppliers, and outside support facilities to create quality standards, goals, and expectations. Develop and maintain measurement systems. Set criteria for support facilities and audit on regular basis. Respond to all quality issues and involve appropriate parties for efficient changes and resolutions.
- Maintain, monitor, and audit all quality registered quality systems. Keep programs in good standing.
- Meet key customer contacts and travel to customer facilities. Represent Glen Raven and Glen Raven Technical Fabrics in assigned efforts for customer relations, problem solving, and product delivery. Use skills to eliminate negative barriers.
Experience & Background
- Thorough knowledge of data analysis and dissemination needed. Advanced knowledge of SPC methods and advance graphing necessary.
- 1 - 3 years of experience in a manufacturing setting strong desired
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills and good interpersonal skills to be able to interact with customers, vendors, and various levels of employees.
- Must be able to analyze facts to produce solutions and be able to use judgement in making quality decisions and resolutions.
- Must have ability to use statistics and other analytical data and be able to transform data into corrective and improvement action plans.