Gold Coast Broadband
Audio Visual Technician
Offering the residents of Liberty Harbor the best service, speed and selection for broadband cable, internet and phone services at an affordable price. Exciting time to join a rapidly growing company, with the opportunity to impact the community ad grow substantially professionally. We have control of 80 acres of the city, and our campus is completely fiber run. This position will be a quintesential part of the team to oversee and assist a large scale transitional tech project. Gold Coast Broadband is committed to servicing our customers and providing a business setting that allows our employee's to thrive. With a casual and energetic workplace environment, we're value the individuality of our employee's and have launched initiatives geared towards our teams success. Our presence in the market is strong and growth is expected, we anticipate In 2-3 years that the network is expected to double in size.
The Audio Visual Technician role is to ensure the stable operation of the GCB telephony and telecommunications infrastructure. This includes support, installation, and repairs of all Commercial and Residential AV equipment and Low Voltage wiring within fully integrated facilities. The Audio Video technician interfaces directly with the customer on a daily basis and is responsible for maintaining the facility of all AV components.
- The Audio Visual Technician helps with the installation of A/V racks, designing Systems, VTC’s, projectors, video wall and flat panel screens as well as other audio video equipment including, but not limited to, cabling, fiber optics, racking and mounting audio visual devices and control units.
- Responsible for installing audio video products and components as specified by blue prints and to specifications.
- Setup IP based system integration (CCTV, Home automation, Remote access, LAN set up).
- Install and fix HD displays and projectors and setup of surround sound receivers, sources and speakers.
- Assist with A/V drawings and rack wiring design
- Install Low Voltage wiring for new construction.
Background & Experience
- Minimum of 5 years installing and commissioning audiovisual equipment including video panels, speakers, racking, microphones, A/V cabling and wiring.
- Ability to install custom Audio Video and telecom equipment.
- Strong skills in telecommunication.
- Profound knowledge of VGA video and audio installation and cabling theories.
- Ability to terminate video cables, audio cables and CAT6 cables.
- Basic IP knowledge.
- Working Knowledge and some experience with video codecs and AV infrastructure
- Executed field service to install AV system, with interface to clients and project engineers.
- Ability to conduct research into networking issues and products as required.
- The ability to lift 50-60 lbs., climb, crawl, and raise items overhead.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Paid holidays after 6 months.
- Health insurance after 2.5 months. Dental vision and life on responsibility of employee.
- Paid sick time
- Competitve pay structure based on experience.
- Health insurance
- Paid vacation
- Opportunity for vertical growth within organization.