Gold Coast Broadband
Offering the residents of Liberty Harbor the best service, speed and selection for broadband cable, internet and phone services at an affordable price. Exciting time to join a rapidly growing company, with the opportunity to impact the community ad grow substantially professionally. We have control of 80 acres of the city, and our campus is completely fiber run. This position will be a quintesential part of the team to oversee and assist a large scale transitional tech project. Gold Coast Broadband is committed to servicing our customers and providing a business setting that allows our employee's to thrive. With a casual and energetic workplace environment, we're value the individuality of our employee's and have launched initiatives geared towards our teams success. Our presence in the market is strong and growth is expected, we anticipate In 2-3 years that the network is expected to double in size.
The Network Engineer’s role is to ensure the stable operation of the in-house computer network, telephony and telecommunications infrastructure. This includes designing, planning, implementing, maintaining and optimizing all network and telephony hardware, software, and communication links. The person will also analyze and resolve network hardware and software problems in a timely and accurate fashion. The ideal candidate for this position is able to self motivated, perform tasks with a Keen attention to detail, and the ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Interact with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to evaluate network and telecommunications products and services.
- Develop, implement and maintain policies, procedures and associated training plans for network and telephony resource administration, and disaster recovery.
- Establish service level agreements with various Gold Coast business constituents.
- Conduct research on network IP Telephony products, services, protocols, and standards.
- Lead installation, configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting of network and telecommunications equipment, and related network security components.
- Manage all network hardware equipment, including routers, switches, PBX, and UPSs.
- Monitor and test network performance, and equipment and return recommendations for improvement.
Experience & Background
- Degree in the field of computer science and/or 7+ years equivalent work experience.
- At least one certifications in the following list: CCNP, CCNE, MCSE+.
- Knowledge of various routing protocols, Layer 2 and Layer 3 switching, QOS engineering and tuning and WAN bandwidth management, configuration experience with VOIP protocols and Codecs SIP, RTP, G.711 G.729.a, H.323, LANs, WANs, WLANs, VPNs, etc.
- Experience with Avaya and or Cisco VOIP architecture, design and implementation of SIP Trunking, IPSLA & Netflow monitoring/management, telephony systems.
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Competitve pay structure based on experience.
- Health insurance, 100% covered by company.
- 10 paid holidays off and 2 weeks of paid vacation.
- Casual and enthusiastic atmosphere.
- Opportunity for vertical growth within organization.