Greater Lynn Senior Services
Mobility Care Assistant
Greater Lynn Senior Services provides a wide range of social services—information, transportation, meals, advocacy, homecare, housing, and more—for one reason: to help those 60 and older in Lynn, Lynnfield, Nahant, Saugus and Swampscott live fuller, more independent lives, safely and with dignity.
MOBILITY CARE ASSISTANT | LYNN, MA
We are looking for a person to provide safe and efficient transportation services for Seniors and people living with disabilities. You will escort consumers to and from pick up and destination. Drivers are assigned to drive vans or sedans based upon personal preference and comfort. You will assist consumers up and down one stair or curb, as well as assisting consumers in wheelchairs with up to four parcels. You will handle emergency situations involving consumers. The ability to abide by Agency operating policies as well as contractual policies and practices is a must.
- Perform pre-operating "Circle Check" on vehicle and operate it in accordance with all motor vehicle laws
- Use two-way radio and proper radio procedures to communicate with dispatchers, working with any additions, cancellations, or delays to schedule
- Provide door-to-door service for all consumers in accordance with GLSS policy
- Make decisions regarding emergency situations in collaboration with Dispatch
- Submit daily schedule, fees collected from consumers, and gas receipts at the end of each shift
- Attend all mandatory trainings and scheduled staff meetings
- Adhere to Agency and HIPAA confidentiality standards
BACKGROUND & EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum age of 21.
- Must have a Massachusetts driver's license, a clean driving record and a minimum of 5 years U.S. driving experience.
- Clean Driving Record. No surchargeable accidents in the past 3 years.
- No moving violations within the past year.
- No DUIs, OUIs or DWIs.
- MUst pass a basic English reading and writing test
- Must be available to work weekends and holidays
- Must be available to work mandatory overtime
- Sensitivity to the needs of Seniors and people living with disabilities
- Must drive in Boston and other service areas on the North Shore and surrounding communities
- Knowledge of service area
- Must provide service to all of our service areas
- Ability/willingness to drive during all hours of the day and in all types of weather conditions is a must
- Strong interpersonal skills and a positive attitude
- Ability to work within a union environment
- Medical and dental insurance
- Retirement planning options with an FSA and 403(b)
- $1000 sign-on bonus after one year anniversary
- Paid on-the-job training and CPR certification
- Sick and vacation time
- 11 paid holidays