Ground/Water Treatment & Technology, LLC
Director, Environmental Health & Safety
Ground/Water Treatment & Technology, LLC (GWTT) is a nationally recognized environmental remediation contracting company who’s focus is to provide innovative, value based treatment systems and services, while adhering to budgets and deadlines. Our focus is performance driven from the ground up.
DIRECTOR, ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH & SAFETY | WHARTON, NJ
As a member of the executive leadership team (ELT), the Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) Director provides technical advice and subject matter expertise down and across the entire company.
- Ensures Company compliance with federal, state and local EHS laws and regulations.
- Implements and manages EHS department systems, processes, policies and tools
- Works with senior divisional leadership, corporate leadership, and EHS managers to recommend and implement continuous improvement in corporate and divisional EHS policies.
- Informs divisional leadership of safety gaps and areas of concern and provides timely recommendations and leads corrective action.
- Actively participates and leads initiatives within the Company to continuously drive a zero incident workplace
- Leads, manages and supervises assigned Safety Specialist(s)
- Tracks and trends KPIs; coordinates with management to proactively address gaps
- Drafts division-specific HSE Bulletins, specific policies, procedures, training programs and guidelines; stays current on regulatory and customer developments in HSE field.
- Assists in all aspects of incident investigation; verifying root cause and confirming recommended corrective and preventative actions are adequate to address findings.
- Performs internal measurement & monitoring site visits.
- Creates EHS Dashboard and continually monitors data for leading and lagging indicators and incident submissions to verity information is complete; provides timely updates and reports to key stakeholders as required.
- Ensures all required regulatory and customer reporting is completed accurately, approved and submitted in a timely manner.
- Ensures emergency response systems, policies and procedures are in place to manage emergency situations.
- Communicates effectively with representatives of regulatory agencies/customers to resolve compliance issues and provide requested information.
BACKGROUND & EXPERIENCE
- B.A./B.S. in Environment Management, Safety Engineering, Occupational Health or similar degree
- CSP certification with 10+ years of EHS leadership experience in the construction / environmental setting managing an EHS team.
- EHS management systems implementation and external certification (e.g. ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001, etc.) EHS learning; compliance audits; incident investigations and fault tree analysis and continuous improvement methodologies
- Subject Matter Expert in OSHA, EPA and other applicable government agency regulations.
- Written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with all levels within the company; experience working in a matrix organization preferred
- Strong organizational, analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Must have excellent leadership, change management, interpersonal, team-building and influencing skills.
- Must have the ability to research, analyze, interpret and implement safety/environmental/health regulations, standards, and best practices as they pertain to facilities and operations
- Willingness to travel 25% of time
- Great benefits package: medical, dental, vision insurance
- 401K company match after 1 year of employment
- PTO accruement of 10 hours per month
- Verizon discount
- EAP with counseling