At Higher Ground, our purpose is to help children worldwide achieve just such elevation. We’re dedicated to greatly expanding the reach and impact of the Montessori movement by creating systems, services, and resources that empower Montessori educators everywhere.
One of the ways we’re striving to do this is by launching a network of authentic, high-fidelity, community-based Montessori schools across the country called Guidepost Montessori. We currently have schools in North Carolina, California, and Texas, with new schools opening later this year in Brooklyn, NY and Dallas, TX.
Head of School | Lake Forest, CA
We are looking for an experienced leader who shares our passion for high-fidelity Montessori and has the talent and perseverance required to quickly grow enrollment, attract and retain great staff, build a strong parent community, and ensure the educational experience for each child in every classroom is of the highest standard!
- Providing high-level leadership to the entire campus team
- Ensure that the school provides a high-quality learning experience for children, exceptional customer service to parents, and a supportive, collaborative work environment for staff
- Develop a strategic plan for the campus, creating a strong culture on campus that embodies the mission of our organization
- Ensure that the overall profitability targets are met
- Work with the Assistant Head of School to ensure enrollment targets are met, hiring/managing teaching staff, leveraging academic support staff to develop and train teachers, resolving challenging student/parent issues, and more.
Experience and Background
- A bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in related field
- 5+ years of experience leading teams
- 3+ years of experience managing a budget/profit and loss statement
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- An aptitude for creating a warm and benevolent team culture
- A passion for getting education right through the Montessori pedagogy