Gulf Distributing Co.
Gulf Distributing Company of Mobile has grown from a staff of twenty and seven trucks to employing over five hundred people company wide with a fleet of over one hundred trucks. Stressing integrity, accountability and service the Gulf Distributing Company team has increased its territory from one Alabama county to currently serving over seven Alabama counties - Baldwin County, Clarke County, Conecuh County, Washington County, Escambia County, Mobile County and Monroe County.
Delivery Driver | Birmingham, AL
The Delivery Driver is responsible for the delivery, storage and merchandising of Gulf Distributing Company products in each assigned accounts. The Delivery Driver is also responsible for safe truck operation and the return of all money, unsold product, and empties.
- Ensure your truck is properly loaded at all times to prevent damage to the product.
- Make deliveries according to the route sequence that has been established.
- Build, merchandise and sign displays as directed by the Salesperson(s).
- Complete all paperwork correctly and according to established procedures.
- Ensure that your truck cab is clean and organized at all times.
- Ensure that your truck is properly serviced and repaired as necessary.
- Maintain open and clear communications with all owners, managers, and other employees of Gulf Distributing Company.
- Maintain open and clear communications with the owners, managers, and employees of all your accounts.
- Communicate to the Delivery Manager all new competitive activity in your accounts.
- Perform all your work activities in accordance to the established safe work practices, policies, and procedures.
Experience and Background
- CDL Licensed
- Proven working experience as a Delivery Driver
- Valid professional driver’s license
- Ability to operate forklifts and tractors in a variety of weather and traffic conditions
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Good driving record with no traffic violations