Halcyon Hotel Cherry Creek
Boutique Hotel Host
Host | Denver, CO
The Host/Hostess maintains an efficient and courteous Resident services operation by greeting arriving Residents, establishing rapport and curating a full service experience for the Halcyon Residents. With you welcoming and warm personality, the Host/Hostess is able to engage easily and actively connect with others, as you provide a curated experience for each guest!
- Demonstrate energy and drive in all curation of the Resident experience.
- Use empowerment to exceed Resident expectations and resolve conflicts.
- Respond to guest questions, issues and problems regarding transportation, hotel services and local events, points of interest and activities.
- Create “Halcyon Moments” for each and every resident of Halcyon
- Provide Resident Arrival Experience Upon arrival, by smiling, greetingt and assisting guests
- Perform all guest contact activities in a cordial, efficient and professional manner; maintaining a commitment to guest satisfaction.
- Keep up-to-date on local activities and the area's establishments in order to answer questions, recommend and give directions.
- Establish relationships with local neighborhood businesses in order to curate a variety of Resident experiences.
- Exhibit an adventurous approach to local and statewide outdoor activities.
Systems Related Duties
- Duties include manual and computerized skills and completion of daily checklist functions.
- Enter all special room requests into computer system and alert front desk staff of special requests in order to ensure department follow-through and Resident satisfaction.
- Input group and tour reservations as they are received from the sales department in order to best utilize hotel facility and maximize revenues.
- Receive payment and process the transaction on computerized cash register, counting back change out loud for the protection of guest and restaurant.
- Maintain written log recording these requests and deliveries.
- Negotiate rates and upsell rooms in order to increase occupancy and maximize revenues.
- Promote the hotel and its services in order to capture Residents and increase revenues.
- Operate reservations system by entering and accessing data in order to provide callers with accurate information.
- Contribute to Halcyon goals for increasing sales and improving profits.
Experience & Background
- Intelligent in grasping and integrating new information.
- An active learner with a strong sense of curiosity.
- Has natural instincts and insight for finding the best solution to unclear situations, issues and problems.
- Consistently manages time and processes to create maximum efficiency with minimum disruption or redundancy.
- Can think and act independently with confidence. Has personal fortitude and integrity when faced with challenges
- Energetic and takes initiative. Is pro-active and persistent in pursuing and completing tasks. Strives to exceed
- expectations and goals.
- Must have general knowledge of basic Resident service skills.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Previous experience of 3 months in a position with heavy Resident service exposure.