Harmony Foundation Inc.
Harmony Foundation is a residential drug and alcohol treatment center nestled in the Colorado Rocky Mountains near Estes Park, Colorado. We provide treatment for chemical dependency using the bio-psycho-social 12-step model: Body, Mind & Spirit. Our 30-day program is gender separate and individualized to meet clients' needs. Harmony provides a foundation for lifelong recovery for approximately 700 men and women each year.
NURSE PRACTITIONER | ESTES PARK, CO
Assess and monitor physical and emotional aspects of chemically dependent clients. Prescribe medication, lab testing to assist in withdrawal process.
- Assess and monitor physical and emotional aspects of chemically dependent clients.
- Performs complete history and physical on clients within 24 hours of admission, except weekends and holidays.
- Prescribe medications following established protocols, individualizing client care as appropriate.
- Review all diagnostic lab results.
- Diagnose and provide medical management of clients for acute care “sick call” appointments as needed.
- Perform medication re-evaluations.
- Coordinate treatment efforts with the Medical Director and Mental Health Providers to facilitate and ensure optimal care of clients.
- Assist Medical Director, Director of Nursing, Liaison Nurses and nursing staff to meet the medical needs of the clients.
- Staff education – on the spot training, mentoring of staff, assist with new staff orientation and ongoing education of staff.
- Liaison with cooperating community medical services.
- Conduct smoking cessation classes (once/week for men/women).
- Perform diabetic consultation.
- Presents Case Study Analysis staff education for challenging medical and psychiatric cases to include timely assessment, appropriate management, medication choices, analysis of laboratory results, etc. once a month to both shifts.
- Review Dominion Diagnostics lab results and insure that detox orders match the results, are received in a timely manner and treatment reflects the findings.
- Conduct medication classes and discharge teaching session with each client as needed to ensure their understanding of stress and anxiety reduction techniques, sleep hygiene, appropriate use of medications, exercise, nutrition, hydration, seeking appropriate assistance (when to call for help), and other wellness factors that promote healthy living at home or at sober living facility – to provide a holistic review of discharge.
- Coordinate or present Recovery Education for clients.
- Attend committee meetings as assigned.
- Give input into budget.
- Cover call as needed.
- Adheres to confidentiality laws including 42CFR Part 2, HIPAA and HITECH as well as all Harmony policies and procedures including Code of Ethics
BACKGROUND & EXPERIENCE
- Current Colorado RN license and prescriptive authority. Certified from national AANP-C or ANNC (Adult or Family)
- Additional training/DEA waiver to prescribe buprenorphine
- Must be in compliance with all licensing regulations and laws.
- Current CPR certification.
- Current First Aid certification.
- Five years of experience as a N.P.
- Experience in treatment of chemical dependency, desirable.
- Physical health to perform all duties.
- Must have valid Colorado driver’s license and acceptable motor vehicle record if driving Harmony vehicle or driving for Harmony business.
- If recovering from chemical dependency, prefer a minimum of three years continuous sobriety.
- Fluency in spoken and written English.