Hayward Pool Products, a division of Hayward Industries, Inc. is the largest manufacturer of residential swimming pool equipment in the world, with a significant presence in the commercial pool market that is continuously growing. Headquartered in Elizabeth, New Jersey, Hayward designs, manufactures and markets a full line of residential and commercial pool and spa equipment including pumps, filters, heating, cleaners, salt chlorinators, automation, lighting, safety, flow control and energy solutions.
As a Sales Manager with Hayward, you will not only gain industry experience, but you will also be part of a collaborative, team-based environment. The Sales Manager oversees sales activities of the organization in a major geographic area or region by performing the following duties. This position requires a high level of initiative and frequently exercises discretion and independent judgment.
- Manage sales activities throughout the region by visiting and supporting distributors, engineering firms, OEM’s and end user customers to obtain new business and expand existing business.
- Manage the selection and development of sales representatives and distributors throughout region.
- Establish sales quotas and goals for each distributor by means of a joint business plan, and execute sales strategy
- Review market analyses to determine customer needs, volume potential, price schedules, and develop sales campaigns to accommodate goals of company.
- Keep the organization fully informed of competitor activities in the region.
- Represent Hayward at trade shows and trade association meetings to promote the Company and its products.
- Coordinate as liaison between customer service department, technical service, engineering and other departments as appropriate to maximize superior sales and service performance.
- Prepare monthly progress reports, monthly itinerary (call reports) and weekly expense reports in a timely manner and submit to Director of Sales
- Provide training for territory Representatives and Distributor sales personnel within region with regard to both sales techniques and product knowledge.
- A minimum of five years related sales experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Relevant organizational leadership position (i.e. leadership in volunteer organizations, clubs, military or collegiate / professional athletics)
- Familiarity with MS Office programs especially Word, Excel, Visio, and Power Point.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Competitive Pay Structure
- Company car, laptop, and iPhone
- Quarterly follow up including evaluations and feedback.
- The possibility of travel in the United States on actual engagements
- Numerous opportunities for networking both internally and externally