Hayward Pool Products, a division of Hayward Industries, Inc. is the largest manufacturer of residential swimming pool equipment in the world, with a significant presence in the commercial pool market that is continuously growing. Headquartered in Elizabeth, New Jersey, Hayward designs, manufactures and markets a full line of residential and commercial pool and spa equipment including pumps, filters, heating, cleaners, salt chlorinators, automation, lighting, safety, flow control and energy solutions.
As a Territory Sales Manager with Hayward, you will not only gain industry experience, but you will also be part of a collaborative, team-based environment. During your first year, you will actively participate in everything from sales and marketing and customer service to operations and technical service. We take pride in our personal approach and the close-knit relationships prevalent in our diverse workplace. This position requires a high level of initiative and frequently exercises discretion and independent judgment.
- Travel throughout assigned territory to call on distributors, dealers, builders, OEM's and prospective customers to obtain new business and expand existing business.
- Advise dealers, distributors concerning sales and advertising techniques.
- Analyze market trends and sales data to assist dealers in sales promotions for present and future business.
- Display or demonstrate product, using samples or catalog, and explain features and attributes and advantages over competition.
- Review market analyses to determine customer requirements, volume potential, competitive pricing, and develop sales campaigns to achieve goals of company.
- Represent Company at trade shows and association meetings to promote product.
- Coordinate between customer service department, technical service, engineering and other departments as appropriate.
- Provide input and implement an annual sales plan for the territory, including sales strategy, to maximize return from the territory's assigned accounts/geographic area and to meet the territory's sales quotas established by the Regional Sales Manager.
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive list and profile of key accounts and contacts (direct and non-direct) in a computerized CRM database.
- Prepare monthly progress reports, monthly itinerary, weekly call reports and weekly expense reports in a timely manner and submit them to Regional Sales Manager.
- Must be willing to relocate to any geographical area in the US after completion of the program if necessary.
- Bachelor’s Degree Required - Majors in business, sales, marketing, communications or related field preferred.
- Relevant organizational leadership position (i.e. leadership in volunteer organizations, clubs, military or collegiate / professional athletics)
- Familiarity with MS Office programs especially Word, Excel, Visio, and Power Point.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Competitive Pay Structure
- Company car, laptop, and iPhone
- A Mentor Program to help ease your transition and answer any questions you may have
- Quarterly follow up including evaluations and feedback.
- The possibility of travel in the United States on actual engagements
- Numerous opportunities for networking both internally and externally