Senior Software Engineer
With more than 3,000 healthcare organizations as customers, HealthcareSource is the leading provider of talent management solutions for the healthcare industry. The HealthcareSource Quality Talent Suite helps healthcare organizations build a more Patient-Centered Workforce by selecting, aligning, continuously developing, and retaining highly-engaged people.
SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER | BOSTON, MA
We are seeking a talented and passionate Software Engineer who believes that quality and collaboration are the foundation of all great systems. The Software Engineer will be a part of our fun and engaging engineering teams that deliver high-quality software to our customers. This position will also work closely with other engineers, product management and members of the QA team to ensure that quality product features are developed and carried out through the complete Kanban based software development lifecycle.
ADDITIONAL SELLING POINTS
- Opportunity to Build: Due to our rapid growth and expansion, you will have the unique opportunity to develop processes, build structure, etc. as we continue to expand our organization.
- Entrepreneurial Culture: You will be working with serial entrepreneurs that value innovative market approaches and strong critical thinking abilities.
- Growth Market: We provide fast-growing software solutions to the hottest industry vertical – Healthcare - with very little direct competition.
- Work/Life: The Addison office offers a team of engineers that are friendly and inviting. They are often going to lunch together, organizing happy hours, having fun in the office and often socializing outside the office.
- Build robust APIs using ASP.NET MVC/WebApi, Elasticsearch, Couchbase, and SQL Server
- Develop modern client side experiences using React, Bootstrap, and WebPack
- Work on a small, agile, cross-functional development team to deliver high-quality features for a market leading SaaS platform
- Create, modify, develop and implement complex software functionality, applications, and services based on requirements and architectural design through object-orientated software development and collaboration with Product Management teams
- Address questions and/or problems through troubleshooting and provide proper direction to support, product and other cross-functional teams
- Identify changing needs and priorities, craft recommendations and communicate appropriately
- Contribute to the automation of both performance, and quality engineering efforts
- Create new micro services to help build out the HealthcareSource platform
- Develop integrations with partners, and other third-party systems
- Participate in cross-team innovation efforts in areas such as security, UX, and scalability
- Be part of an internal community of passionate, and innovative software engineers
- Have fun being part of a fast-growing, and dynamic company
BACKGROUND & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or related field
- 3 to 5 years of experience developing high performing web applications
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technologies with minimal supervision
- Excellent understanding of modern software development patterns, and practices
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to explain technical problems to non-technical people
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills
- Nice-to-have experience with the following: Couchbase, Elasticsearch, React, Single Page Apps, WebPack, Kanban, AWS, Azure
- Competitive salary for the industry and area
- Competitive medical benefits
- 401(k) with company match
- Excellent Insurance Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Flexible Hours
- Casual Dress Code
- Generous Paid Time-Off
- Small & Engaging Teams
- Free Parking