Digital Solutions Specialist
Hearst Connecticut Media Group is a part of one of the largest, most diversified media companies in the world. Hearst’s major interests include magazine, newspaper and business publishing, cable networks, television and radio broadcasting, internet businesses, TV production, newspaper features distribution, business information and real estate. Hearst Connecticut Media Group is a national company with a local focus. Our team of media specialists knows our products and our market better than anyone else, and are prepared to deliver innovative solutions to business of any size. We offer “marketing without borders” and provide strategic marketing made simple. Our audience delivery capabilities don’t stop at our core market; we can bring any message to any customer across the country. We publish four dominant newspapers in Fairfield County and provide digital and print marketing services to local businesses to help grow their business by offering our full digital marketing products (SEM, SEO, SMM, Reputation management, website development, etc.).
About the opportunity
Part of a multi-media sales team responsible for driving digital media revenue through increased digital sales to new and existing clients with a focus on expanding the digital knowledge of consultants. The Digital Solutions Specialist will participate in strategizing growth opportunities within the marketplace, developing proposals, attend sales calls and assist in closing complex multi-media sales to achieve weekly digital closed sales and activity metrics. The Digital Solutions Specialist will also proactively identify new digital sales opportunities through advanced prospecting efforts to key regional digital targets.
What you'll do
- Ensure the achievement of monthly digital sales goals, anticipating any challenges, and working with sales and other sales management to determine strategies to overcome possible shortfalls.
- Ensure the achievement of monthly Digital Marketing Services sales goals.
- Evaluate current advertisers and proactively identify additional digital sales opportunities.
- Prospect and develop a strong pipeline consisting of key regional digital sales targets.
- Maintain a team digital revenue pipeline to ensure the consistent achievement of digital sales targets.
- Prepare and conduct presentations to new and prospective customers, conveying market research, competition, product and pricing, and any other pertinent information to help customers make informed decisions regarding digital advertising.
- Conduct a minimum of 10 weekly dual sales calls with multi-media consultants, or the equivalent field time, to represent digital product portfolio.
- Become a subject matter expert for sales team for all matters related to digital advertising.
- Educate customers about the features and benefits of new sales products/promotions.
- Conduct relations between Hearst Media Services-CT and customers according to established protocol, maintaining integrity in all aspects of the business relationship.
- Attend community and professional events as necessary.
- Perform other duties as requested by the Director of Digital
- Opportunities are in Bridgeport, Danbury, Stamford, and Norwalk, CT
Got what it takes?
- Associate’s degree required; Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Minimum of 2-5 years previous outside sales experience preferred, with specific digital media sales experience mandatory
- Must be computer literate
- Possess high degree of business and personal integrity
- Ability to manage and interpret data
- Organized, efficient and able to meet deadlines
- Ability to work cooperatively with coworkers and managers
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
- Good verbal and written communication skills, including spelling, punctuation and grammar