Charles E. Smith Life Communities (CESLC) is one of the largest and most highly regarded nonprofit elder care organizations in the nation. Originally founded in 1910 as the Hebrew Home for the Aged, CESLC now serves 1,100 older adults daily in multiple residences situated on its beautiful 38-acre campus in Rockville, Maryland.
EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT | ROCKVILLE, MD
We are searching for a talented Executive Assistant to support the Executive Office of Charles E. Smith Life Communities. This role reports to the CEO and performs confidential and administrative duties as requested by the CEO and COO. Representing the Executive Office to all external and internal stakeholders, the Executive Assistant will help further the organization's mission and values by providing exceptional support to the executive team. This logistical and administrative support includes maintaining email, calendar, meetings and event coordination. Would you like to join an organization that improves the lives of over 1100 adults every day?
- Manage and maintain the calendars and schedules of the CEO and COO
- Maintain organized filing systems for the executive office, Board of Governors, and Board Committee minutes as directed.
- Answer telephone, make appointments, take and deliver messages, etc., as directed.
- Work independently and have the ability to direct questions, particularly customer (i.e. resident, family and guest) concerns, and issues to the correct area within the organization.
- Order supplies and other items as directed and as outlined in relevant policies/procedures.
- Input and maintain necessary records in the timekeeping system for the team members as assigned. Distribute paychecks/pay stubs to those team members.
- Receive and screen office visitors and telephone calls with high level of professionalism and friendliness and provide information and respond to direct questions, particularly customer concerns, and issues to the correct area within the organization.
- Plan, coordinate logistics and distribute/file meeting packets for all Board of Governor meetings, Board Committee and other administrative meetings supported by the CEO or COO or as assigned.
- Compose and prepare routine correspondence for signature.
- Liaise with board members in scheduling meetings, preparing meeting rooms and refreshments, distributing minutes and agendas, as required.
- Work with the Director of Communications to ensure all departments adhere to organization’s Manual of Branding and Style.
- Mentor and assist with the training of administrative assistants in the organization.
- Handle confidential and sensitive information with poise, tact and diplomacy.
- Maintain calendar and schedule appointments for Chief Executive Officer and Chief Operating Officer. Provides travel arrangements and itinerary to include last minute changes and cancellations.
- Serve as Notary Public for the CEO, COO
- Work in a professional and focused manner to schedule internal and external meetings.
- Provides CEO and COO with background information, meeting summaries and/or supporting documents in preparation for scheduled appointments, meetings and engagements.
- Coordinate conference/board room reservations as needed with other executive assistants or departments..
- Accurately track expenses for CEO and COO by managing credit cards and receipts.
- Work with VP, Quality Improvement and Corporate Compliance to organize, publish and maintain organization’s administrative policies
- Maintain the condition of the CEO/COO office suite in an orderly, clean and professional manner.
- Maintain current organization marketing materials for the use of the CEO and COO as directed
- Take and transcribe Board and select Board Committee meeting minutes as assigned
BACKGROUND & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Must have, as a minimum, five (5) years administrative assistant experience with three (3) ¬years experience reporting to senior level staff.
- Must possess a high degree of skill in grammar, spelling and punctuation in the English language.
- Must possess strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with other team members, board members, stakeholders, residents, resident family and friends, stakeholders, etc.
- Must be highly proficient with Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Visio
- Must be able to type a minimum of 50 wpm.
- Must be a Notary Public, or have ability to gain certification.