With offices in Colton California, Hodgdon Management and Construction, Inc, (HMC) is an established general contractor with a reputation for delivering projects with unwavering attention to budget and timelines. Specializing in commercial, retail, and office projects; our staff is not only educated in building practices, but also the industries in which we build, helping us guarantee projects run smoothly. We go above and beyond to exceed our client’s expectations.
SUPERINTENDENT | COLTON, CA
We are seeking an experienced Senior Project Superintendent to lead a premier Class A office building project in Ontario California. The candidate must be a positive, self-motivated individual with a minimum of 10 years of commercial construction experience with an emphasis in multi-story concrete tilt construction and heavy structural steel and interior tenant buildout. Key requisite is a proven on-site construction management skill set and ability to undertake and superintend projects, personnel and subcontractors though cradle to grave efforts.
- Manages all functions of the construction job site as it relates to building qualitySupervise construction from dirt through closing while maximizing profits and maintaining excellence
- Ensures quality assurance and customer satisfaction are maintained throughout the construction process
- Monitor project and site cleanliness and hold subcontractors responsible for daily clean-up
- Interpret and explain plans and contract terms to subcontractors if necessary
- Proficiency in Outlook, Word, Excel & Microsoft Project
- Ability to build and maintain a construction schedule
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrate a general understanding in all building systems
- Plan, organize, and direct on-site activities
- Ensure that construction activities move according to predetermined schedule
- Maintain daily documentation as required by the superintendent including such clerical tasks including but not limited to daily reports, schedule updates, punch lists, inspection lists, safety documentation and subcontractor correction notices
- Maintain a safe work site by implementing good housekeeping regulations and safety requirements, enforcing safe work habits and observing OSHA and any state-level agencies’ regulations
- Maintain OSHA required documents, safety manuals and MSDS work books
- Identify the elements of project design and construction likely to give rise to disputes and claims
- Be innovative
- This could be the perfect role for a more experienced individual. The position offers competitive salary, as well as a strong benefits plan, including medical; 401k, PTO, etc.