Home Point Financial Corp.
Home Point Financial is a national mortgage banking business focused on multi-channel residential and wholesale mortgage origination and servicing. Home Point Financial currently operates in nearly 50 states and is headquartered in Ann Arbor, Michigan. Our mission is to provide a superior customer experience by providing quality and consistency through our product and service delivery.
Loan Officer | Towson, MD
Home Point Financial in Towson has immediate openings for licensed Mortgage Originators with established referral sources. We provide the very best in supporting the careers of all our family of Loan officers. We provide an aggressive compensation plan and top-notch service for your customers. All loan files are processed at the branch by experienced, career-minded professionals. Impress your customers and referral sources with the best in turn times, loan pricing, and file support. Join our Home point family of professionals and take your career to the next level with confidence. This role will be responsible for the following:
- Meet with applicants to obtain information for loan applications and to answer questions about the process
- Obtain and compile copies of loan applicants' credit histories, income documentation, assets statements and other financial information
- Review loan applications to ensure that they are complete and accurate according to policy
- Stay abreast of new types of loans and other financial services and products in order to better meet customers' needs
- Submit applications to credit analysts for verification and decision recommendation by the underwriter
Background and Experience
- 1+ years of experience in a loan origination
- Satisfaction of state licensing requirements and other regulatory standards must be met
- Completion of the Anti-Money Laundering, Fair Lending, and Equity Origination trainings are required
- Technological savvy and comfort in learning new computer systems and programs
- Ability to analyze financial data and comprehend market fluctuations
- Working knowledge of lending guidelines and a thorough understanding of the process and procedures