Our mission is to be the world’s leading marketplace to help homeowners find & hire the best service professionals for their home repair, maintenance and improvement needs. We have helped over 30 million people find a trusted home services professional and have been featured in publications such as Fast Company, Wired, The Today Show, the Wall Street Journal and the Huffington Post. We are a subsidiary of IAC (NASDAQ:IACI).
The HomeAdvisor NY sales team is unrivaled; combining a fast paced high energy culture with committed professional training and development programs. We are ramping up our sales team today to meet the growing demands of our business.
HomeAdvisor NY is based in the heart of New York City, in Times Square. Please check out www.homeadvisor.com for more information.
Our Sales Associate role provides a unique opportunity for anyone interested in gaining experience in the world of sales and internet media. Working alongside some of the smartest and most passionate innovators, you will join our powerhouse sales team. You will be fully immersed in growing our company, and will gain invaluable, life-long communication skills. Our sales team is vital to the company’s success, and we need A+ talent to come in and help take our company to the next level.
- Are driven to succeed in everything you do, and you NEVER give up
- Are outgoing, with a great personality and good people skills
- Are interested in the start-up world, interactive media space, and cutting-edge technology
- Want to contribute immediately to a team-oriented environment
- Have a strong and focused work ethic; Are able to handle a daily grind
- Want to learn and get better everyday
- Take the initiative to go above and beyond
- Are a self-starter
- Are career oriented, and looking for growth
- Have a sharp, professional demeanor
- Are excited by high-energy, fast paced settings
- Are competitive
- Are looking to get into sales
- Call on and speak with small business owners across the country, consulting on HomeAdvisor’s services and products
- We will provide all leads, and you will be cold-calling before you have follow-ups/warm calls or a pipeline in place
- Drive new business acquisition
- Learn sales techniques and help to develop new, creative sales strategies
- Share feedback and ideas with upper management
- Develop excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills
- $30k+ base plus commission opportunities
- Must have PASSION
- Must have FUN
- Take challenges head-on, and face rejection with a consistently positive attitude!
- Desire to put in 115%
- Ability to work independently, while also actively contributing within a team
- Excellent time management and organization skills required
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced MS Office skills, including Outlook, Word and Excel, and strong familiarity with e-mail and Internet
- Sales experience a plus, but not necessary
We offer a competitive base plus commission compensation package, as well as a comprehensive benefits program, including:
- Health insurance, with options for dental and vision coverage
- A relaxed work atmosphere
- Paid vacation, personal, and sick time
- Free lunch, and dinner