HSN, Inc. (Nasdaq:HSNI) is a $4 billion interactive multichannel retailer with strong direct-to-consumer expertise among its two operating segments, HSN and Cornerstone. Cornerstone Services offers expertise and corporate support across the seven Cornerstone Brands. These shared services include: Information Technology, Digital Commerce, Customer Care, and Distribution. At Cornerstone Services, if you are Agile, Innovative, Pioneering, Dynamic, Boundaryless, Passionate, Customer-Centric, Collaborative, and Results-Focused, you will love it here!
The individual who fills this position will be an integral part of a dynamic team to enhance existing functionality and create new components within the HSNi Fulfillment Systems IT group, and within the larger HSNi IT team. The successful candidate will combine both technical and communication skills to work with business partners, IT partners, and vendors, for gathering requirements and turning those requirements into quality software solutions.
A Day in the Life
- Gather data for preparation of specifications and time estimates for systems development.
- Gather information to aid in problem determination/resolution and prepare required documentation for vendor resolution.
- Prepare written test plans and document test results.
- Prepare new/modified processes for production environment, including but not limited to, documentation, job scheduling, and report distribution.
- Code, prepare test data, test, and debug programs.
- Participate in major upgrades to packaged software.
- Work with end users to develop best practices and business processes.
- Participate or lead training on business functionality for system end users.
- Coordinate or lead all, or portions of, technology projects.
- Provide after business hours systems support, as part of the IT on-call rotation.
- Follow SOX change management and production system access guidelines.
- Daily interaction with the Warehouse Management Systems Management, other members of the WMS team, and systems users. Occasional interaction with IT Infrastructure and Operations teams, and other Applications Development teams.
- Work with vendors to include, but not limited to, Manhattan Associates 2015 CW IT, IBM, UPS IT, JBHT IT, and Schaefer systems.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field, or comparable business/technical experience.
- 5 or more years of application development experience with: Manhattan Associates WMi ( PkMS ), AS400 / ISeries environment, RPGLE / RPG1V / RPGIII / CL ILE, DB2 / SQL, SDA, Sub files
- Good communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
Nice to Haves
- Schaefer Systems International (SSI) automated warehouse systems
- Control M
- Crystal Reports / Business Objects
- Siebel Order Management
- Retek / Oracle Retail
- Microsoft Project
- Competitive benefit program
- Health and retirement plans
- Merchandise discounts
- Volunteer days
- We encourage growth and development across the company.
- Most importantly, we have fun!