HSN, Inc. (Nasdaq:HSNI) is a $4 billion interactive multichannel retailer with strong direct-to-consumer expertise among its two operating segments, HSN and Cornerstone. HSNi offers innovative, differentiated retail experiences on TV, online, via mobile devices, in catalogs, and in brick and mortar stores. HSN, a leading interactive multichannel retailer which offers a curated assortment of exclusive products combined with top brand names, now reaches approximately 94 million homes (24 hours a day, seven days a week, live 364 days a year).
The Digital Platform Engineering team performs Web Server Administration and Application Support for HSN’s Digital / E-commerce platforms, including HSN.com, Mobile, and other Digital experiences. This group is responsible for the administration, configuration, and monitoring of these platforms in a 24/7, highly available, and geo-clustered Web-based environment.
A Day in the Life
- Plays an active technical role in the planning phase of new projects and may serve as a technical lead.
- Analyzes business requirements for system infrastructure.
- Implements hardware and systems software upgrades to existing servers.
- Solves inoperability issues and acts as a Go-to person for system infrastructure.
- Works with client team in testing and implementing systems and releases.
- Communicates plans, status, and issues to higher management levels; participates in presentations to senior leadership.
- Performs administration, configuration, and monitoring of Web-based Digital / E-commerce platforms.
- Deploys, installs, and configures the components of the system infrastructure.
- Works directly with all areas of IT and provides technical direction to more junior level engineers on the Digital Platforms team.
- Works closely with customers to determine their strategic business requirements and measures system performance against expectations.
- Supports production systems, as required, through performance optimization, problem resolution and timely issue communications.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Computer related field or equivalent years of related technical experience.
- At least 5 years of applicable experience in Web Server Administration.
- Thorough understanding of Web-based applications using IIS 7 and 7.5, ASP.net.
- Good working knowledge of load balancing and network infrastructure to maintain highly available platforms.
- Experience managing code deployments with multiple complex environments (dev, QA, load & production)
- Experience administering server operating systems (Win 2003, 2008 & 2008 R2) and Web based applications.
- Experience working with site performance tools at various levels, external synthetic monitoring, and overall platform health.
- Solid understanding of various industry standard protocols and services (TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, NTP, SNMP, Active Directory, etc.).
- A self-learner; ability to effectively adapt to rapidly changing technology and apply it to business needs, and integrate multiple tools together to solve business problems.
Nice to Haves
- Application Performance Management (APM) experience.
- Proficiency in PowerShell Scripting and Web Application Deployments.
- Proficient UNIX/Linux skills.
- Familiarity with SQL based query languages.
- Storage Methodologies experience a plus.
- Experience with live and static video delivery over the Internet in various industry standard formats.
HSN’s unique blend of Retail, Television and eCommerce create a one-of-a-kind working environment. Our employees enjoy a competitive benefit program including:
- Competitive salary & bonus plan
- Health and retirement plans
- Merchandise discounts
- Volunteer days
- We encourage growth and development across the company.
- Most importantly, we have fun.